Uninstall problems cant download anymore...

Crest 09/29/2003 04:12 pm
I also have problems uninstalling download express but mine is different, I uninstalled it from both ways which you`ve explained, rebooted my computer yet now when i click on a download link it automatically downloads to my temporary folder. It no longer asks if I want to save to disk or open from where it is. This all happened after i uninstalled D.E. please some1 respond to this or e-mail me at urbanminibadboy@cybertown.com.
Alexander 09/30/2003 03:01 am
Dear Crest,

If you don`t see Download Express` "File Download" dialog (with a locomotive picture) this means that Download Express uninstalled from your system.
It seems that you have Internet Explorer settings to download files this way.
You may want to try Internet Explorer`s "Set default parameters" button to restore the initial state.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Rinus 12/03/2003 10:03 am
> Dear Crest,
>
> If you don`t see Download Express` "File Download" dialog (with a locomotive picture) this means that Download Express uninstalled from your system.
> It seems that you have Internet Explorer settings to download files this way.
> You may want to try Internet Explorer`s "Set default parameters" button to restore the initial state.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | Senior Developer
> | MetaProducts Corporation
>

I`ve also de-installed download express, and have the same problem, restoring the explorer settings to default does not help.

Please suggest how to fix.

Thnx,

Rinus
Alexander 12/04/2003 02:05 am
Dear Rinus,

Did you reboot Windows after uninstallation of Download Express?

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff