Adding Features

Brian 03/29/2006 07:02 am
I was wondering if you can add mms and rtsp support to download express like how offline explorer supports it.
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Dear Brian,

Thank you for your suggestion.
We plan to add these protocols support to Mass Downloader first and then to Download Express.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Tim 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Hi Alexander,

Is anything known yet about when these features will be added to Download Express? I`d love to hear about that.

Tim

> Dear Brian,
>
> Thank you for your suggestion.
> We plan to add these protocols support to Mass Downloader first and then to Download Express.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | Senior Developer
> | MetaProducts Corporation
>
Tim,

The stream protocols support is added to Mass Downloader. We smooth this now.
Possible, stream protocols will be added to the Download Express 2.0 version.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Thank you for your quick reply!

I did a quick Google for Download Express 2, but couldn`t find anything. Is there any information about when it will be released? That would be very interesting, since it will be the first freeware application to support RTSP/MMS, as opposed to abandonware.

Tim
Tim,

It is not decided yet - to which version we will add the stream protocols support. It is quite possible that this feature will be only in the shareware version of Download Express, sorry.

Alexander
Oh! I`m sorry!

I`ll try to keep checking this site then. We`ll see how things work out.

Thanks for your reply!

> Tim,
>
> It is not decided yet - to which version we will add the stream protocols support. It is quite possible that this feature will be only in the shareware version of Download Express, sorry.
>
> Alexander