Proj. List: Add Job ...

Jonathan 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Projects List needs improvement at next build - as you no doubt already are aware. Thanks for a decent, spyware/adware/nag-free d`load tool. It is one of the few tools I place by default onto systems I maintain for others.

The below on a P2@350 > w2k+sp4 > DE 1.4.0.193

1: Projects List`s manual "Add Job" window
There is no warning of existing, same-name file for manually added Save-to pathnames; if you designate same path (which is difficult to verify due to condition #1) then DE simply overwrites the existing.

2: Launch of Projects List (PL)
Launching PL from Start Menu usually doesn`t "take" on my system unless a DE window is already open. Similarily, if the PL has pending/unstarted jobs and the last active DE windows closes due to completed download then PL closes with it. I must start a mouse-click download inside IE, pause it, launch PL, then leave it (or another DE window) constantly paused-in-memory to prevent PL from closing at download completions.

3: PL Launch is slow. Very.

4: PL would benefit from a Save-to/Filename full pathname (or better, a seperate column for destination directory pathname) display option in main window.

No reply required/desired. If you maintain access to product "planned improvements" page I didn`t see it. Would be a nice touch.

Best, JP

Alexander 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your suggestions.
I will forward them to Download Express developer.

> Projects List needs improvement at next build - as you no doubt already are aware.
> Thanks for a decent, spyware/adware/nag-free d`load tool. It is one of the few tools
> I place by default onto systems I maintain for others.
>
>
> The below on a P2@350 > w2k+sp4 > DE 1.4.0.193
>
>
> 1: Projects List`s manual "Add Job" window
> There is no warning of existing, same-name file for manually added Save-to
> pathnames; if you designate same path (which is difficult to verify due to condition
> #1) then DE simply overwrites the existing.

We will change this. Thank you.

> 2: Launch of Projects List (PL)
> Launching PL from Start Menu usually doesn`t "take" on my system unless
> a DE window is already open.

Thank you for your report.
This problem will be fixed in Download Express 1.5 Release.

> Similarily, if the PL has pending/unstarted jobs
> and the last active DE windows closes due to completed download then PL closes
> with it. I must start a mouse-click download inside IE, pause it, launch PL, then
> leave it (or another DE window) constantly paused-in-memory to prevent PL
> from closing at download completions.

Do you have the main DE window`s box "Close this dialog box when download completes" checked?
We made this intentionally - if you have it checked, you want to close completed downloads windows. When the last window is closed, Projects List is closed too.

> 3: PL Launch is slow. Very.
>
> 4: PL would benefit from a Save-to/Filename full pathname (or better, a
> seperate column for destination directory pathname) display option in
> main window.

Thank you!

> No reply required/desired. If you maintain access to product "planned
> improvements" page I didn`t see it. Would be a nice touch.

We are discussing this page now. I hope it will be added soon.
Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation