How do I uninstall download express

user 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Great product - but how do I uninstall this program?
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for writing us.
To uninstall Download Express please use any of the following ways:

1. Add/Remove programs - the Windows standard way
- Please open Windows Control Panel
- Run Add/Remove programs dialog
- Please find the "MetaProducts Download Express" line and select it
- Click Remove button to uninstall Download Express

or

2. Program group shortcut
- Please open Windows Start button menu, Programs | MetaProducts Download Express submenu
- Please use the shortcut "Uninstall Download Express"

Please write us about the result. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
user 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Hello,
I did un-install - problem is that now whenever I click a download link from a web page - Meta Product download window pops up and ask me if I want to download using it.

This means that system didn`t allow to remove Download Express` integration library (it was loaded into memory). In such case Download Express uninstaller asks system to remove this file on Windows reboot. Please reboot your Windows and then test your downloads.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
Crest 03/29/2006 07:02 am
I also have problems uninstalling download express but mine is different, I uninstalled it from both ways which you`ve explained, rebooted my computer yet now when i click on a download link it automatically downloads to my temporary folder. It no longer asks if I want to save to disk or open from where it is. This all happened after i uninstalled D.E. please some1 respond to this or e-mail me at urbanminibadboy@cybertown.com.
MONI 03/29/2006 07:02 am
HOW TO INSTALL DOWNLOAD EXPRESS
MONI,

Thank you for writing us.
Please download the Download Express installation program from:
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/desetup.exe
(Please copy this link and paste it to your browser`s Address Bar and press the Enter key to start the download.)
Then just start the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
daan 06/15/2007 04:21 am
I have this same problem, I uninstalled download express, rebooted the computer but still the download express window keeps popping up when I try to download something. Result, I cannot download anything anymore.
Alexander 06/15/2007 04:34 am
Daan,

How did you uninstall Download Express?
To uninstall correctly please use the Control Panel | Add or Remove program dialog, find the "Metaproducts Download Express" item there and click the Remove button.
If you don't have this link there, please try the following:
1. Go to the Windows Start button menu, Run dialog
2. Type
dep.exe /UnInstall
3. Click the OK button
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
daan 06/18/2007 04:03 am
Dear Alex,

I looked in the control panel software list but download express surely isn't there. If I try to run "dep.exe /UnInstall" windows reports that it cannot find this program. If you have an easy solution I would like to hear this, otherwise I will try to re-install download express and uninstall it yet again.

Thanks for your help,

Daan

> Daan,
>
> How did you uninstall Download Express?
> To uninstall correctly please use the Control Panel | Add or Remove program dialog, find the "Metaproducts Download Express" item there and click the Remove button.
> If you don't have this link there, please try the following:
> 1. Go to the Windows Start button menu, Run dialog
> 2. Type
> dep.exe /UnInstall
> 3. Click the OK button
> Please write me about the result. Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff
Alexander 06/18/2007 05:14 am
Daan,

> I looked in the control panel software list but download express surely isn't there. If I try
> to run "dep.exe /UnInstall" windows reports that it cannot find this program. If you have
> an easy solution I would like to hear this, otherwise I will try to re-install download express
> and uninstall it yet again.

In this case (the dep.exe cannot be found) it seems to be the only solution. Please:
1. Reboot Windows. Do not start Internet Explorer
2. Install Download Express
3. Uninstall Download Express
4. Reboot Windows again and test your downloads.

Alexander
samiam 03/22/2008 08:08 pm
> Daan,
>
> > I looked in the control panel software list but download express surely isn't there. If I try
> > to run "dep.exe /UnInstall" windows reports that it cannot find this program. If you have
> > an easy solution I would like to hear this, otherwise I will try to re-install download express
> > and uninstall it yet again.
>
> In this case (the dep.exe cannot be found) it seems to be the only solution. Please:
> 1. Reboot Windows. Do not start Internet Explorer
> 2. Install Download Express
> 3. Uninstall Download Express
> 4. Reboot Windows again and test your downloads.
>
> Please write us about the result. Thank you.
>
> Alexander
>
samiam
It didn't work
Alexander 03/24/2008 09:26 am
samiam,

Do you have the "c:\Program Files\Download Express" folder at your hard drive? What is its contents?

Thanks,
Alexander
Bob Off 07/10/2008 03:52 am
> Great product - but how do I uninstall this program?

I have the same question; how do I uninstall this shit.
Alexander 07/10/2008 04:07 am
Bob,

Thank you for your politeness.
The shortest way is:

1. Go to the Windows Start button menu, Run dialog (or press Windows Key + R)
2. Type (or copy/paste)
dep.exe /UnInstall
3. Click the OK button

Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
clinton 01/16/2009 12:01 pm
> I also have problems uninstalling download express but mine is different, I uninstalled it from both ways which you`ve explained, rebooted my computer yet now when i click on a download link it automatically downloads to my temporary folder. It no longer asks if I want to save to disk or open from where it is. This all happened after i uninstalled D.E. please some1 respond to this or e-mail me at urbanminibadboy@cybertown.com.

I am having a similar problem - how can I get it fixed?
Christopher Brent-Chase 01/02/2010 11:10 pm
I finally figured out how to get rid of the automatic wanna save to MassDownloader problem in firefox.
go to Tools>Click "Content" tab> Click button near the bottom labeled "Manage">Manually change all affected file extensions to "Save to Computer" then you'll be rid of your MassDownloader cannot start extention or whatever the stupid error is effectively restoring your downloading pleasure. lol. Lemme know if it fixes for you.
Christopher Brent-Chase 01/02/2010 11:12 pm
btw they obviously arent ff users seeing as they didnt include a "repair content manager" with their uninstaller.
Alexander 01/05/2010 06:31 am
The problem caused by the way FireFox uninstalls extensions. You should do this manually, via Tools | Extensions dialog. Find the MetaProducts Integration Plug-in and remove it. This should solve the problem.

Regards,
Alexander