PHP file conversion

J 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Downloading music with download express creates PHP files which are not recognosed by minidisc software for recording to disc. How do you convert PHP files to MP3 or WAV?
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Dear Sir / Madam,

Could you please provide us a link of any of these files for a test?

Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Roger Hagensen 03/29/2006 07:02 am
> Could you please provide us a link of any of these files for a test?

What he means is probably php downloadmanager scripts (also known as anti-leech etc, or anti hot.link scripts)

I sent in a form with a suggestion. some .php scripts use the folowing code.

header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"$savename\"\n");

etc. Download Express do not support this so filenames might end up as download.php etc instead.
(or maybe even download.asp or whatever the scripts are)
So adding a parse to check for this http header from a website should fix that.
(just let DE strip/check for potential path and keep just the filename itself. (to avoid c:\windows\blabla.exe exploits etc. tough the save confirm window should prevent that if users are observant)

Another thing related is that these scripts tend to refuse multiple connections at same time,
so a quick/easy (or alternative option in browser rightclick menu)
that puts DE into single connection mode (but still uses/have resume support)
would really make DE perfect imo.

The toggling of multiple/single connections exist in other download accelerators.
But as far as support for the content-dispotision filenames, I`m not sure they do.
I did notice DE is better at referal urls than other competiive programs.
(all those download.php named files download ok with DE while some competitors cause "invalid reeferal/hotlinking not allowed regardless of how advanced their referal options are)
So Download Express is excellent in that area as far as I have noticed :)
Dear Roger Hagensen,

Thank you for your information.

> > Could you please provide us a link of any of these files for a test?
>
> What he means is probably php downloadmanager scripts (also known as anti-leech etc, or anti hot.link scripts)
>
> I sent in a form with a suggestion. some .php scripts use the folowing code.
>
> header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"$savename\"\n");
>
> etc. Download Express do not support this so filenames might end up as download.php etc instead.
> (or maybe even download.asp or whatever the scripts are)
> So adding a parse to check for this http header from a website should fix that.
> (just let DE strip/check for potential path and keep just the filename itself. (to avoid
> c:\windows\blabla.exe exploits etc. tough the save confirm window should prevent that if
> users are observant)

Yes, we added the support of this header to Mass Downloader and plan to add it to the next version of Download Express.
Do you have the link with that header?

> Another thing related is that these scripts tend to refuse multiple connections at same time,
> so a quick/easy (or alternative option in browser rightclick menu)
> that puts DE into single connection mode (but still uses/have resume support)
> would really make DE perfect imo.
>
> The toggling of multiple/single connections exist in other download accelerators.
> But as far as support for the content-dispotision filenames, I`m not sure they do.
> I did notice DE is better at referal urls than other competiive programs.
> (all those download.php named files download ok with DE while some competitors cause "invalid reeferal/hotlinking not allowed regardless of how advanced their referal options are)
> So Download Express is excellent in that area as far as I have noticed :)

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Alexander.
Raju 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Plz provide some sample code regarding download manager or should u give any possible URL`s regarding download manager code
Dear Raju,

Thank you for writing us.
Which download manager code do you mean?

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff