SHEEZ. Are you guyz crippling your older products?

Jerry 03/29/2006 07:02 am
I looked in the registry and found the speed registry settings set to 0 under metaproducts download express. This decreases downloads to 1k increments for downloads

Either 1) the program cripples itself somehow or 2) its a bug in the older version (see previous post)

Are you going to offer a way to disable the download monitor window (the extra one in the new version)?
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Dear Jerry,

Thank you for writing us.

> I looked in the registry and found the speed registry settings set to 0 under metaproducts
> download express. This decreases downloads to 1k increments for downloads

You can define necessary speed limit settings for every speed mode using Download Express Options dialog, Connection tab. Then you can switch these predefined values using Speed slider of main download window.

> Either 1) the program cripples itself somehow or
> 2) its a bug in the older version (see previous post)

Download Express uses the following pre-defined values:
Background speed: 1000 bytes / sec
Low speed: 3000 bytes / sec
Medium speed: 5000 bytes / sec
High speed: Unlimited

It seems that this values are changed in your version, or Background speed mode is selected casually.

> Are you going to offer a way to disable the download monitor window
> (the extra one in the new version)?

Yes, of course - please open Download Express Options dialog, General section and uncheck the box "Show Projects list", then click OK button.

Thank you for your feedback.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Jerry 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Well, I don`t know why it lost its registry settings. Thanks for the info on getting rid of the new monitoring window (I`m a dork) so now i`m just using the newest version. Thanks for making such a valuable product for free. I hope this new version doesn`t have that same symptom of losing its registry settings.

Jerry

> Dear Jerry,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
>
> > I looked in the registry and found the speed registry settings set to 0 under metaproducts
> > download express. This decreases downloads to 1k increments for downloads
>
> You can define necessary speed limit settings for every speed mode using Download Express Options dialog, Connection tab. Then you can switch these predefined values using Speed slider of main download window.
>
> > Either 1) the program cripples itself somehow or
> > 2) its a bug in the older version (see previous post)
>
> Download Express uses the following pre-defined values:
> Background speed: 1000 bytes / sec
> Low speed: 3000 bytes / sec
> Medium speed: 5000 bytes / sec
> High speed: Unlimited
>
> It seems that this values are changed in your version, or Background speed mode is selected casually.
>
> > Are you going to offer a way to disable the download monitor window
> > (the extra one in the new version)?
>
> Yes, of course - please open Download Express Options dialog, General section and uncheck the box "Show Projects list", then click OK button.
>
> Thank you for your feedback.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | Senior Developer
> | MetaProducts Corporation
>
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Dear Jerry,

Thank you for your feedback.
Please write us if you have any further question or problem.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation