How to use DE without IE ?

John Smith 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Hi Alex!

You wonderful product is TOO integrated with crapy MS product: IE. I saw that is not just my problem, a lot of peole has the same problem, just do not understand what`s really going on.

When installed DE is automaticaly integrated in IE and is inposible to start it witho IE, ture?

No shortcuts that will really strt DE -just supporting things of DE, right?

Please tell me how to install DE, set it up, aor performe some other magic, so I can run it
Indipendently, without IE.

What I really mean - if I know direct URL to download file, I can use directly DE without need for any kind of browser and links to download file itself. For example in Mozila if you put direct link in URl/Address box directly and pres Enter it`ll recognise that is download file and start imideately download program (of course not DE, but Mozila own). If I try same logic in IE, IE is trying to be too claver and start program that will open download file isnted - adn performing download throught local (IE own) downloader, not DE.

If I will be able to start DE indipendetly of any browsere I can provide direct link to download file in it, so ai can perform all my downloads without using awful IE.

Thank you very much for response,
John

Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing us.
We make alpha testing of Download Express 1.4 now. It will have the way to use it without IE.
Please wait for one-two weeks. We plan to release Download Express 1.4 Beta 1 very soon.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation

> Hi Alex!
>
> You wonderful product is TOO integrated with crapy MS product: IE. I saw that is not just my problem, a lot of peole has the same problem, just do not understand what`s really going on.
>
> When installed DE is automaticaly integrated in IE and is inposible to start it witho IE, ture?
>
> No shortcuts that will really strt DE -just supporting things of DE, right?
>
> Please tell me how to install DE, set it up, aor performe some other magic, so I can run it
> Indipendently, without IE.
>
> What I really mean - if I know direct URL to download file, I can use directly DE without need for any kind of browser and links to download file itself. For example in Mozila if you put direct link in URl/Address box directly and pres Enter it`ll recognise that is download file and start imideately download program (of course not DE, but Mozila own). If I try same logic in IE, IE is trying to be too claver and start program that will open download file isnted - adn performing download throught local (IE own) downloader, not DE.
>
> If I will be able to start DE indipendetly of any browsere I can provide direct link to download file in it, so ai can perform all my downloads without using awful IE.
>
> Thank you very much for response,
> John
>
>
>