zdnet & tech republic

stella 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Download Express is great but I can`t seem to use it for zdnet & tech republic downloads. It makes loads of attempts but doesn`t work with them. Am I doing something wrong?
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Stella,

Thank you for writing us.
Does it work for your other downloads?
Thanks,
Alexander.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
stella 03/29/2006 07:01 am
>Dear Alexander

Yes, thanks, it works great with other downloads. Having said that, though, it`s suddenly started almost looping, as it were, asking me about three times if I want to save, etc. It usually does it on about the third attempt. Still no luck with zdnet & tech republic, though. It`s a shame `cos Download Express is a terrific product. Should I uninstall & then reinstall, do you think?

Dear Stella,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> Does it work for your other downloads?
> Thanks,
> Alexander.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | Senior Developer
> | MetaProducts Corporation
Stan Ericsson 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Same problem with tech republic; I have not tried ZDnet; otherwise excellent. File I am trying to download is ftp, and smaller than the minimum size I chose for DownLoad Express to handle. How can I turn off the program and just do a regular download?

> >Dear Alexander
>
> Yes, thanks, it works great with other downloads. Having said that, though, it`s suddenly started almost looping, as it were, asking me about three times if I want to save, etc. It usually does it on about the third attempt. Still no luck with zdnet & tech republic, though. It`s a shame `cos Download Express is a terrific product. Should I uninstall & then reinstall, do you think?
>
>
> Dear Stella,
> >
> > Thank you for writing us.
> > Does it work for your other downloads?
> > Thanks,
> > Alexander.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Alexander.
> > | Alexander Bednyakov
> > | Senior Developer
> > | MetaProducts Corporation
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
> Same problem with tech republic; I have not tried ZDnet; otherwise excellent. File I am trying to
> download is ftp, and smaller than the minimum size I chose for DownLoad Express to handle.
> How can I turn off the program and just do a regular download?

Please press the Shift key and click the download link. You can release the Shift after Internet Explorer opens its download file dialog.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation