Doesn`t work for downloading MSN Messenger

Peredepoli 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Downloadexpress doesn`t start when trying to download Microsoft Messenger.
Is Downloadexpress inhibited by Microsoft ?
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
> Downloadexpress doesn`t start when trying to download Microsoft Messenger.
> Is Downloadexpress inhibited by Microsoft ?

Dear Peredepoli,

Download Express checks the filename extension when you click on the link
and opens download dialog only for monitoring file types (Download Express
Options | Integration | Accept file types). Please check the URL in the
situation are you speaking about.

Could you please make some tests? These tests will help us to find
problem cause, if any, and will show the ways to use DE.

1. Please check your settings at the Download Express Options dialog, Integration tab.
You need to have "Monitor Ctrl+Alt clicks only" box unchecked, all desired file extensions entered to the "Accept file types" edit box. These are "monitoring file extensions". Click Ok button.
2. Open the new browser window, go to any page with downloadable file links. Click any link with monitoring file extension. What happens?
3. Please hold Ctrl+Alt keys and click any link. What happens?
4. Please right-click any link and select the "Download using Download Express" popup menu item. What happens?

Sincerely,
Alexander.
Peredepoli 03/29/2006 07:01 am
If I rightclick on the "Dowload" button for MSN Messenger, and then on "download using Download Express", the only file I could get is a file called download.asp, but if I leftclick on the "Download" button (so not using DE), the file is the good one Setup9x.exe. So I cannot get DE monitoring the Setup file download. I think Microsoft does it on purpose !

> > Downloadexpress doesn`t start when trying to download Microsoft Messenger.
> > Is Downloadexpress inhibited by Microsoft ?
>
> Dear Peredepoli,
>
> Download Express checks the filename extension when you click on the link
> and opens download dialog only for monitoring file types (Download Express
> Options | Integration | Accept file types). Please check the URL in the
> situation are you speaking about.
>
> Could you please make some tests? These tests will help us to find
> problem cause, if any, and will show the ways to use DE.
>
> 1. Please check your settings at the Download Express Options dialog, Integration tab.
> You need to have "Monitor Ctrl+Alt clicks only" box unchecked, all desired file extensions entered to the "Accept file types" edit box. These are "monitoring file extensions". Click Ok button.
> 2. Open the new browser window, go to any page with downloadable file links. Click any link with monitoring file extension. What happens?
> 3. Please hold Ctrl+Alt keys and click any link. What happens?
> 4. Please right-click any link and select the "Download using Download Express" popup menu item. What happens?
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Peredepoli,

Just continue the download with download.asp file. DE must remane it to the right file name after it receive the first portion of data. Please write us about the result. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Alexander.

> If I rightclick on the "Dowload" button for MSN Messenger, and then on "download using Download Express", the only file I could get is a file called download.asp, but if I leftclick on the "Download" button (so not using DE), the file is the good one Setup9x.exe. So I cannot get DE monitoring the Setup file download. I think Microsoft does it on purpose !
>