Cannot locate file when download completes.

Larry Mullinax 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Hello!
I cannot activate the "OPEN FILE" button on DE. In most cases, after the download is finished, I am unable to locate the file for installation. I tried using the search function (in Win XP) but it is not always locating the file. I am using the file name displayed on the DE interface for this search but more times than not I cannot locate the file. My questions are:

Can you tell me how to enable the "OPEN FILE" button or locate the file after DE completes the downoad?

Also, is there a problem somewhere that is keeping the downloaded file from being located when searched for after the download?

This is the only difficulty I`ve encountered with DE and overall, I`ve been quite impressed. I have noted significant increase in download speed.

Best Regards,
Larry
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
> Hello!
> I cannot activate the "OPEN FILE" button on DE. In most cases, after the download is finished, I
> am unable to locate the file for installation. I tried using the search function (in Win XP) but it is
> not always locating the file. I am using the file name displayed on the DE interface for this search
> but more times than not I cannot locate the file. My questions are:
>
> Can you tell me how to enable the "OPEN FILE" button or locate the file after DE completes the
> downoad?

Dear Larry Mullinax,

Could you please provide us several links with this problem for tests?
Thank you!

> Also, is there a problem somewhere that is keeping the downloaded file from being located when
> searched for after the download?

Do you select the folder for storing the downloading file each time DE starts the download?

> This is the only difficulty I`ve encountered with DE and overall, I`ve been quite impressed. I
> have noted significant increase in download speed.

Thank you for your kind words.
Anyway, please answer my questions here or write to support@metaproducts.com. We need to fix this your problem.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation

> Best Regards,
> Larry
Larry E. Mullinax 03/29/2006 07:01 am
> > Hello!
> > I cannot activate the "OPEN FILE" button on DE. In most cases, after the download is finished, I
> > am unable to locate the file for installation. I tried using the search function (in Win XP) but it is
> > not always locating the file. I am using the file name displayed on the DE interface for this search
> > but more times than not I cannot locate the file. My questions are:
> >
> > Can you tell me how to enable the "OPEN FILE" button or locate the file after DE completes the
> > downoad?
>
> Dear Larry Mullinax,
>
> Could you please provide us several links with this problem for tests?
> Thank you!
>
> > Also, is there a problem somewhere that is keeping the downloaded file from being located when
> > searched for after the download?
>
> Do you select the folder for storing the downloading file each time DE starts the download?
>
> > This is the only difficulty I`ve encountered with DE and overall, I`ve been quite impressed. I
> > have noted significant increase in download speed.
>
> Thank you for your kind words.
> Anyway, please answer my questions here or write to support@metaproducts.com. We need to fix this your problem.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | Senior Developer
> | MetaProducts Corporation
>
> > Best Regards,
> > Larry

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Alexander,
Thanks for getting back to me. I am sorry it has taken awhile to get back to you, but I`ve been tied up elsewhere and just now saw your post.

I would be happy to provide links or anything else that will help. Just email me at my personal email, brlarry@arn.net , and let me know what I need to do and when. You may want to give me a contact number that will allow me to contact you faster should I need anything while doing this.

I hope I haven`t opened up a "whole new can of worms" for you with all this! Will look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your interest.

Sincerely,
larry
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Larry,

Thank you. I`ll contact with you shortly.

Sincerely,
Alexander.

> Hi Alexander,
> Thanks for getting back to me. I am sorry it has taken awhile to get back to you, but I`ve been tied up elsewhere and just now saw your post.
>
> I would be happy to provide links or anything else that will help. Just email me at my personal email, brlarry@arn.net , and let me know what I need to do and when. You may want to give me a contact number that will allow me to contact you faster should I need anything while doing this.
>
> I hope I haven`t opened up a "whole new can of worms" for you with all this! Will look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your interest.
>
> Sincerely,
> larry