resumed download statistics

Rene 03/29/2006 07:01 am
I downloaded two CD images (large files) at the same time. One download finished successfully. While the other continued downloading I opened the image and froze the "maldito" windows in the process. After reboot I double clicked the incomplete file in the destination folder. I got a nice instruction to click the shortcut in the Start menu subfolder instead. I found the subfolder, clicked there the shortcut to the incomplete download and the download process continued. At least, I hope so.........

The problem is that the DE statistics seem to indicate that the download started all from the beginning. Like right now it shows 7% complete while before the crash it showed over 75% and all other information of DE showes as if it did not resume.

Should I trust these statistics of the resumed download or is there something wrong? The size of the new partial download file seems to indicate that it indeed resumed the download like it should, but who can tell how it looks like inside this file? May be the file ends up corrupted? I know some patience will tell and I should not complain about adware, but I believe right statistics after resume would be better.
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Rene,

Unfortunately, it seems that DE started this download from the beginning by some cause.
We need the detailed downloading log for finding the exact cause of this problem. I can describe you how to turn on the log file creation for the future downloads.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation