How it works and others stuffs...

JFC 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Hello,

I just download this freeware and I`m very surprise of the download speed increase.
Example :
- I downloaded windows 2000 sp3 network ( about 124 Mo )
- about 10 min without Download Express ( CPU average was 25 % )
- about 40 sec with Download Express. ( CPU average was more than 40 % )

I have some questions :

- installation : is it possible to have detail about what files, what register keys are added and where ?
- If I upgrade my Internet Explorer ( example from 5.5 to 6 ), am I obliged to reinstall Download Express ?
- If I uninstall Download Express, will Internet Explorer be safe, as before Download EXpress installation ?
- I would have some more documentation about antivirus command line, for example depending of the most common antivirus, is it possible to have details about thoses command line ? ( I know, because it`s a freeware, maybe I`m asking too much... )

And last, if I have to use it with ZoneAlarm, is download express supposed to act as a server or not ?

Thank you for your very good product, and maybe can I expect some of answers requested above...
Oops I forgot one important thing !
During downloading, where are saved fragmented component ?

Thank you very much

> Hello,
>
> I just download this freeware and I`m very surprise of the download speed increase.
> Example :
> - I downloaded windows 2000 sp3 network ( about 124 Mo )
> - about 10 min without Download Express ( CPU average was 25 % )
> - about 40 sec with Download Express. ( CPU average was more than 40 % )
>
> I have some questions :
>
> - installation : is it possible to have detail about what files, what register keys are added and where ?
> - If I upgrade my Internet Explorer ( example from 5.5 to 6 ), am I obliged to reinstall Download Express ?
> - If I uninstall Download Express, will Internet Explorer be safe, as before Download EXpress installation ?
> - I would have some more documentation about antivirus command line, for example depending of the most common antivirus, is it possible to have details about thoses command line ? ( I know, because it`s a freeware, maybe I`m asking too much... )
>
> And last, if I have to use it with ZoneAlarm, is download express supposed to act as a server or not ?
>
>
> Thank you for your very good product, and maybe can I expect some of answers requested above...
>
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind words.

> I just download this freeware and I`m very surprise of the download speed increase.
> Example :
>
>
> - installation : is it possible to have detail about what files, what register keys are added and
> where ?

Files -
Windows System (System32 for NT, 2000, XP) folder, MetaProducts subfolder:
- dep.exe
- mdpph.dll
- add_url.htm
- homepage.url
- manual.url
- support.url
- and number of .INT files - UI localization

> - If I upgrade my Internet Explorer ( example from 5.5 to 6 ), am I obliged to reinstall Download > Express ?

It must work in most cases (you need to open DE Options dialog for sure).
Please write us support@metaproducts.com if you will have problems.

> - If I uninstall Download Express, will Internet Explorer be safe, as before Download EXpress
> installation ?

Yes. Please close all IE and Outlook windows, uninstall DE and reboot Windows (to remove files, locked by Windows).

> - I would have some more documentation about antivirus command line, for example depending
> of the most common antivirus, is it possible to have details about thoses command line ? ( I
>know, because it`s a freeware, maybe I`m asking too much... )

Usually antivirus has all necessary information in the documentation. We will work on this documentation, thank you!

> And last, if I have to use it with ZoneAlarm, is download express supposed to act as a server or > not ?

It can be necessary for some FTP servers (which don`t support Passive mode FTP connections).
Usually it acts as a client.

> Thank you for your very good product, and maybe can I expect some of answers requested
> above...

Thank you for your kind words.

> Oops I forgot one important thing !
> During downloading, where are saved fragmented component ?

They are saved to the target file.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Thank you very much !
If you did any tests with 56k modem connexion, I would be interested to know them !

Best Regards

> Hello,
>
> Example :
>
>
> - installation : is it possible to have detail about what files, what register keys are added and where ?
> - If I upgrade my Internet Explorer ( example from 5.5 to 6 ), am I obliged to reinstall Download Express ?
> - If I uninstall Download Express, will Internet Explorer be safe, as before Download EXpress installation ?
> - I would have some more documentation about antivirus command line, for example depending of the most common antivirus, is it possible to have details about thoses command line ? ( I know, because it`s a freeware, maybe I`m asking too much... )
>
> And last, if I have to use it with ZoneAlarm, is download express supposed to act as a server or not ?
>
>
> Thank you for your very good product, and maybe can I expect some of answers requested above...
>
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
> Thank you very much !
> If you did any tests with 56k modem connexion, I would be interested to know them !

Unfortunately, we don`t have any 56k modem.
Also, the speed can depends on ISP too, I think.

Sincerely,
Alexander.

> Best Regards