Resume partial download after reinstall?

Titel 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Hello,

I had Download Express 1.2 installed on my system. As there was a new version of it, I paused the download (a file over 230 MB going for a few days already), saved the link of the download from the Download Express group, uninstalled the old version and installed the new one. However, the saved link doesn`t resume the download, it starts over. Please advise what to do to resume, as I downloaded a large amount of data and don`t want to start over. The partial file is saved in E:\ partition, it is hidden and has 184 MB. I am a power user, can edit the registry or the link - just need the correct information. Thanks in advance!

Titel
Titel 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Argh! I tested the download from scratch again, and found out that there is also a file with information about threads, bytes read and all that in \WINDOWS\TEMP folder. A file which I didn`t save, and no longer exists. So, the temporary download file is probably useless without the index file which tells what pieces have been downloaded. Gotta start again... oh well, thanks :)
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Dear Titel,

Thank you for writing us.
Yes, you are right, DE needs this file to resume a download. You can upgrade DE without uninstallation - please close all IE and Outlook windows before the new installation; this will save all incomplete downloads.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation

paul 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Hy, I am trying to figure out what the extension of these "temp" files would be, so i can "transport" my downloads from one computer to another!!!!!
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Paul,

I am sorry, but this is not easy. You will have to transfer two files and write them to Windows Registry. The next version of Download Express is expected to have all necessary information in a single file, so such transfers will be simple.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.