How to set username and passwrd when FTP

Seonman Kim 03/29/2006 07:00 am
I tried to download a file using FTP, but I could not set login name and password.
How I can set them?
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> I tried to download a file using FTP, but I could not set login name and password.
> How I can set them?

Download Express must ask you about name and password. Could you please send this FTP link (without name & password, just a link) to support@metaproducts.com ?
We need it for a test this case and fix a problem, if any.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Vadim 03/29/2006 07:00 am
I think it is any FTP. Say, for anonymous FTP access you are supposed to use `anonymous` as username, and e-mail as password. DE didn`t ask for anything (which is nice), just went and downloaded the file. But i have no idea and no control (which is not nice) on what it used for e-mail.
Dear Vadim,

Thank you for your feedback.
Please use the following URL format to specify login/password for anonymous FTP servers:

ftp://login:password@ftp.server.com/filename.ext

Thanks,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
michel 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Many thanks
But when I hope to download from special ftp site proffessionally, I can not set option for reloggin?This is very important.
Because during downloading from ftp site address (user:pwd@site.com) admit only first root(FTP0:)
and rest(FTP1:~FTP5:) can not access and roam sothat down speed is suffering great loss.
Pls inform to us how can I fix this problem.
Thank you.
Michel,

This FTP site does not allow more than one connection from the same IP address.
This can be fxed on the site side only.

Alexander