Its not kicking in when I download

John Muir 03/29/2006 07:00 am
When I first downloaded Download Express any download afterwards were saved if the isp went off line. Unfortunately I had to reinstall after a problem and when I reinstalled Express I found it was not taking over the download. I am using Win98SE.
Andrew 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Hello John

Are you having the same problem as me? See my questions and answers from Alexander at Metaproducts below in the thread `Default Download Manager` 9/24/2002

Regards
John Muir 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for that I have copied the posts in Default Download Manager and will work through them. Tell me when do you right click and on what, I`m not well up on pc management.

John
>

>
Andrew 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Hello John (sorry for the delay in my reply - but perkhaps we have a time difference here- I`m UK)

Well when you go to click on a link to download a file, instead of the normal left button click to start the download, you right click on it and a dialog box pops up. On the list of options is `Download using Download Express`. Click normally on that and DE should then take over as normal.

For me, (as per my other thread) this is now the only way I can get DE to download anything. As Alexander from Metaproducts replied to me - `somethings changed in IE6!`

Good luck

Andrew
RogTalbot 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> Hello John (sorry for the delay in my reply - but perkhaps we have a time difference here- I`m UK)
>
> Well when you go to click on a link to download a file, instead of the normal left button click to start the download, you right click on it and a dialog box pops up. On the list of options is `Download using Download Express`. Click normally on that and DE should then take over as normal.
>
> For me, (as per my other thread) this is now the only way I can get DE to download anything. As Alexander from Metaproducts replied to me - `somethings changed in IE6!`
>
> Good luck
>
> Andrew

I have exactly the same problem. I can only left click to start a download. Right click does not give me the option to use DE. Am I clicking on the correct prompt?I`m at a loss here. An alternative program may be the answer.
Rog
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Dear Roger Talbot,

> I have exactly the same problem. I can only left click to start a download. Right click does not
> give me the option to use DE. Am I clicking on the correct prompt?I`m at a loss here. An
> alternative program may be the answer.
> Rog

Did you try the click with depressed Ctrl+Alt keys?

Thanks,
Alexander.
RogTalbot 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> > Dear Alexander`
All problems solved (by alex.bednukov@metaproducts.com!) try holding down CTRL+ALT keys then select save - it works a treat.
Regards
Rog
Constantino Cronemberger 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Hi there,

I have found a peculiar way to make it work for IE6.

First you install Gozilla and make sure it is capturing your clicks.
Then you install DownloadExpress.
And finally you manually delete all Gozilla files but one: GoIEHlp.dll

good luck
Constantino.