Default Download Manager

Andrew 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Hello

Download Express used to work great but I have noticed it is now not the default download manager and I want it to be. (I wonder whether recent upgrades to IE 6 have changed something?)

I read the previous posting on 1/1/2002 about the same subject...

For the tests in that posting I only get the option to use Download express when I right click. The other two only give the default IE download.

Any help?

Thanks

Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Please try the following:

1. Uninstall Download Express using Control Panel | Add/Remove programs shortcut, Metaproducts Download Express line
2. Reboot your Windows.
3. Install Download Express again and test your downloads.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Hello Alexander. Thanks for the reply.

I have uninstalled - rebooted - and reinstalled as you suggested. But no difference.

Just as a help:
I am using DE 1.3.0.119
IE 6.02
Win 98SE

1)Clicking on a download link I get the IE default downloader
2) Pressing Ctrl + Alt and Clicking on a download link I also get the IE default downloader
3) Right clicking a download link and selecting `download with DE`. I get DE to be the downloader

But I would like DE to be the default, (as it used to be before something changed??)

Many thanks
Andrew
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Dear Andrew,

It seems that Microsoft changed something in the Internet Explorer integration scheme again. We will research this problem and try to fix it in the next Download Express version. Please use right-click menu item "Download using Download Express" for now.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
Hello Alexander - thanks for the reply.

I must admit I thought the problem was a changed IE6! I`ll just keep right clicking for now.

By the way the new forum layout is much better! (I also noticed that the first 3 entries have a 1970 date even though they are quite recent?)

Many thanks for a great - simple - product

Andrew