Newbie User

Howard 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Hi, I`m a new computer user (Windows XP). I read about Download Express in Tech TV and downloaded it. I`m having trouble understanding how to use your product. I printed the Concise Manual. On the first page it says "All the information necessary for downloading a file can be found in the info tab. Where can I find this tab? Is this product only for power users? I`ve downloaded a few files, but Hot Keys and Thread Size is a foreign language. Help.
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Could you please make some tests? These tests will help us to find problem cause, if any, and this will show how to use a program.

1. Please check your settings at the Download Express Options dialog,
Integration tab.
You need to have "Monitor Ctrl+Alt clicks only" box unchecked, all desired file extensions entered to the "Accept file types" edit box. Click Ok button.
File extensions is the part of file name after the `.`, say, you plan to download executable files (they have EXE extension) and WinZip archives (ZIP extension). And so on.
2. Open new browser window, go to any page with downloadable file links.
Click on any link with monitoring file extension. What happens?
3. Please hold Ctrl+Alt keys and click on any link. What happens now?
4. Please right-click on any link and select the "Download using Download
Express" popup menu item. What happens?

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Howard 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Thank you for answering my query. I followed your directions on #1 and left the "Monitor Ctrl + Alt keys only" unchecked. Do you want me to download a file to test how "Download Express" works? You say, "click on any link with the monitoring file extension." What is a "monitoring file extension" and where do I look to find it? It seems once I get past this I can finish the practice test. Thanks again.
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> Thank you for answering my query. I followed your directions on #1 and left the "Monitor Ctrl + Alt keys only" unchecked. Do you want me to download a file to test how "Download Express" works? You say, "click on any link with the monitoring file extension." What is a "monitoring file extension" and where do I look to find it? It seems once I get past this I can finish the practice test. Thanks again.

Please open DE Options | Integration tab and look at "Accept file types" edit box. These extensions define the monitoring file types.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation