Download Express Uninstall

fetchko 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Before I install Download Express, I would like to know if it has a clean and complete Uninstall.
I couldn`t find this addressed in the forum. Thanks.
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Dear Fetchko,

Thank you for writing us.
Yes, of course, it has the uninstallation function. You can use the Uninstall Download Express shortcut of DE program group or uninstall DE using the common Windows way: Control Panel | Add/Remove programs applet.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Jim Cooke 03/29/2006 07:00 am
I have a problem with your answer Alexander Bednyakov . A file named Mdpph.dll attaches itself to MSM Messenger and is not deleted or are the Registry modifications removed.
It tries to call home. After deletion or Clean Uninstall I would expect the uninstaller to put things back like they were. Yours does not.
What was it doing in Messenger anyway ?
I can fix this but wow its pretty fancy to still track people after they uninstall your product.
It cannot be called spyware since your privacy statement says it will track you. It does not say however that it keeps tracking you after you toss it.

> Dear Fetchko,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> Yes, of course, it has the uninstallation function. You can use the Uninstall Download Express shortcut of DE program group or uninstall DE using the common Windows way: Control Panel | Add/Remove programs applet.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | Senior Developer
> | MetaProducts Corporation
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Dear Jim Cooke,

Thank you for writing us.
Mdpph.dll is the integration library which is integrated to Internet Explorer to monitor clicks and send them to Download Express.
Sometime this library is locked by Internet Explorer in the moment of uninstallation. In this case Download Express Uninstall asks system to remove this file on the next reboot. Did you reboot your Windows after Download Express uninstallation?
Regarding the MSN messenger - this application uses Internet Explorer and keep it loaded.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff