Release of Download Express 1.3

Boris 03/29/2006 07:00 am
DE is a great little program. I look forward to the new release which is to allow automatic virus scanning of downloads and integration into Opera.

When do you plan to release the updated version ?
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Thank you for writing us.

We plan release Download Express 1.3 Beta 1 on the next week. It will have the antiviral scan option. I cannot say you the exact date of publishing the Download Express for Opera. We plan to release it before the end of summer.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Still waiting to see DE 1.3 Beta 1.

Do you release the beta for general use ? Or do you need to be registered with you to try it out ?
Today it will be released for translators. I hope we will get their messages back in one-two days. Then it will be published as 1.3 Release.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
Sincerely,
Alexander.
Alexander Bednyakov
Senior Developer
MetaProducts Corporation
Vitoz 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Great job Alex, well done!

Vitoz ;)

Excellent work , keep up the progress !

It works very well.

Next task is the Opera plug-in !

Thanks very much.

Boris {B<)
Alex,

Any more news on the possible date of publishing Download Express with a plug-in for Opera ?.

You said before that you did originally plan to release it before the end of summer.
> Alex,
>
> Any more news on the possible date of publishing Download Express with a plug-in for Opera ?.
>
> You said before that you did originally plan to release it before the end of summer.

Yes, we remember this. Unfortunately, our developers work on several new products now. We will add Opera support ASAP.

Thank you reminding this to us.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
Arthur 03/29/2006 07:00 am
I believe Alexander that you said you would attempt to fix the .EXE hooking that plagued previous versions of DE. However I have recently downloaded version 1.3 and still find hooking very evident. Have you any idea of when you will be releasing A version which corrects this problem? Thanks.
Dear Arthur,

Do you mean the ignoring of links with the certain file names? We develop this feature now. I think it will be released in DE 1.3 SR1 version.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
arthur 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Thats a great help Alex, thanks.

Just one other thing, do you think you will be able to include the option of multiple downloads simultaneously, with maybe a list or queue in a separate window in future versions?
Dear Arthur,

All you love Download Express because it is simple and easy for use. If you want have the list of files and download them simultaneously, you can use Mass Downloader, our shareware product. It`s more complex but more powerful.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer