other input methods

dmancine 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Is there another way to specify a file to download instead of clicking on it in IE? Sometimes, I know the URL of a file, but there isn`t a page with a link to it. I can create my own HTML file with the link, but that`s tedious. GetRight monitors the system clipboard; but even if there was just a dialog box with a field to enter a URL, that would be very useful.

I also use Mozilla sometimes. Are there plans to support other browsers besides IE?
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> Is there another way to specify a file to download instead of clicking on it in IE? Sometimes, I know the URL of a file, but there isn`t a page with a link to it. I can create my own HTML file with the link, but that`s tedious. GetRight monitors the system clipboard; but even if there was just a dialog box with a field to enter a URL, that would be very useful.

There is the simple way to do this: Windows Start menu | Run dialog. Just paste or type your URL here and click the OK button. If your URL doesn`t have the monitoring file extension, please hold the Ctrl+Alt keys while clicking the OK button.

> I also use Mozilla sometimes. Are there plans to support other browsers besides IE?

Yes, we plan to add integration for the other browsers in the future.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation