Scanning for virus after downloading file

fisol 03/29/2006 07:00 am
How does one configure DE to run an anti-virus program automatically to scan a downloaded file?
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> How does one configure DE to run an anti-virus program automatically to scan a downloaded file?

Thank you for writing us.
We plan to add this feature to the next version of Download Express, 1.3. Now you can use our Mass Downloader product, which has this feature.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Please open Download Express Options dialog and use "Set AV check" button to select antivirus program executable file and enter necessary command-line parameters (see antivirus program`s help file for details). Then close Options dialog using OK button.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
Please take a look at Download Express Concise Manual: http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/DE_concise.asp?id=18

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
Rich 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> > > How does one configure DE to run an anti-virus program automatically to scan a downloaded file?
What is the proper command line?
I am running Norton Anti-Virus.
> > > > How does one configure DE to run an anti-virus program automatically to scan a downloaded file?
> What is the proper command line?
> I am running Norton Anti-Virus.

Please read your antivirus program documentation. I use
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Navdx.exe %1 /DOALLFILES
for my old copy of NAV. Please note that your folder names may be different.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
Roddy MacKenzie 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> How does one configure DE to run an anti-virus program automatically to scan a downloaded file?

Rich,

Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition ("NAV CE") has a real-time scanning option: for your system`s safety, I suggest enabling it if it is available on the version of NAV you are running. (In NAV CE, it is in "Configure, File System Realtime Protection")

[Note that "NAV 2002" "NAV 2003", "NAV 2004", etc are SoHo (i.e. cut down) relatives of NAV CE, and that NAV CE is now called "Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition" to reduce confusion]

Note to all PC users: All good AV software has a similar option. If your favourite AV product does not, I suggest finding one that does. Remember to keep the virus definition files up to date too!

Roddy MacKenzie
Systems Support Engineer
Digital Applications International