Read Transaction Complete. 416 Unknown Error

Michael 12/11/2009 01:23 am
Hello,

I've just installed the trial version of Mass Down-loader and so far so good. I like this down-loader but I have a problem... I'm getting an error while downloading a RAR file among other files. It doesn't occur every time but often enough to make me mad. It says "Read Transaction Complete. 416 Unknown Error". This especially happens when I download ZIP and RAR files. I'm trying to download a RAR file from rapid-share: http://rapidshare.com/files/310283936/Zoom_Player_Home_Pro_7.00_Portable.rar

What is this error? It doesn't really affect my speed (I'm on dial-up) but I just wanna know what the error is and I guess how to fix it... Thx :-)
Alexander 12/11/2009 03:21 am
Michael,

Thank you for writing us.
This is the error code received from the server. Mass Downloader gets this reply in return to the file download request. Possible, something goes wrong with this perticular file download.

Could you please provide us with the downloading log file for one of such problem downloads? This will allow us to find the cause of the problem and fix it faster. For making the log please check all settings under the Log tab in the Project properties dialog for the selected project. Start downloading. After it is done, if this error appeared, right-click in the Log view window and select "Save to file" item from the pop-up menu. Save file, pack it using WinZip or similar program and email it to support@metaproducts.com as attachment. Please add a short problem description.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff