Can MD DL files that are not links on a page, but embedded in the HTML?

staceypayne 09/14/2009 09:38 pm
I asked this question to technical support but did not receive an answer, so today I re-emailed the question and thought I would also put it here for everyone''s ideas.

Can Mass Downloader mine an HTML page for the links to EPS files that are listed in the code? The website shows JPG thumbnails and when you click on them, it downloads the EPS file to the download folder. It''s tedious at best to click, then mouse-wheel to go to the next one, then click, etc. and I want to find a grabber that can mine the HTML code for those files, then download them. I do not need the JPG files.

I attached a sample of the HTML source code to the email to support but its really too long to put here.

Thanks for your ideas.
Alexander 09/15/2009 01:15 am
Staceypayne,

Thank you for writing us.
Please try the following: load this page in Internet Explorer or FireFox browser, right-click the page and select "Mass Downloader: download All files" popup menu item.
Will your EPS links be listed in the appeared dialog?

Thanks,
Alexander
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
staceypayne 09/15/2009 09:58 am
I have upgraded to Firefox 3.5.3 so when I tried to get the Firefox add-on, it told me it wasn''t compatible with that new version.

Can it be done with the standalone version, or do you have an updated plugin?
staceypayne 09/15/2009 10:33 am
> I have upgraded to Firefox 3.5.3 so when I tried to get the Firefox add-on, it told me it wasn''''t compatible with that new version.
>
> Can it be done with the standalone version, or do you have an updated plugin?

Sorry, my bad! I downloaded the NEWEST version of MD just now and the add-on seems to work. But when I do the right-click "Download All," the Preview screen does not drill down deep enough to find the EPS files which are buried a few folders deep. I tried it in the MD User Interface and it only downloads the mhtml page, I''d need to be able to specify that I only want a certain file type, in that deeper folder. Is there any way to specify the path? I tried this in Offline Explorer which worked, except it triggered a link that it should not have triggered (pushed a button) so that renders it not useful to me.

Thanks for your time!
Oleg Chernavin 09/15/2009 11:23 am
I think, it is better to use Offline Explorer for this task. Can you post more details on the page and the links you do not want to download? Please use the corresponding Offline Explorer forum. Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
staceypayne 09/15/2009 11:35 am
> I think, it is better to use Offline Explorer for this task. Can you post more details on the page and the links you do not want to download? Please use the corresponding Offline Explorer forum. Thank you!
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Yes I think OE will work very well for this if 1) i can keep it from crawling that link and 2) I can pick and choose what files get downloaded and where.

Is there any way we can discuss this by email for privacy purposes? THANKS OLEG!
staceypayne 09/15/2009 12:26 pm
> > I think, it is better to use Offline Explorer for this task. Can you post more details on the page and the links you do not want to download? Please use the corresponding Offline Explorer forum. Thank you!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Oleg Chernavin
> > MP Staff
>
> Yes I think OE will work very well for this if 1) i can keep it from crawling that link and 2) I can pick and choose what files get downloaded and where.
>
> Is there any way we can discuss this by email for privacy purposes? THANKS OLEG!

I have sent the information you requested to support@metaproducts.com and the subject like says To OLEG, Thanks!

Have a great day!
Oleg Chernavin 09/15/2009 05:07 pm
Thank you! If you would not receive any reply from me withing 2 days, please post again here. E-mail is not reliable nowdays.

Oleg.