How to DisableMass Downloader V3.6.759

Joseph Everett 01/10/2009 06:35 pm
with Mass Downloader Version 3.6.759 every file I try to open or download be it a word doc. excel doc. or a zip file from my email or a website it will open. I only want to use it when i need to. So how do I disable it so this won''t happen? I only need it for downloading large files like a movie or music.
Thanks for any help with this issue.
Alexander 01/11/2009 01:53 am
Joseph Everett,

Thank you for writing us.
The simplest way to disable Mass Downloader for a certain download is to depress the Shift key when you click the download link. The other way allows to disable Mass Downloader for some time - run Mass Downloader, go to the bottom-right corner of the screen and right-click the Mass Downloader icon (with three green arrows.) Select the Monitor Browser Clicks popup menu item to uncheck it.
Repeat this procedure to enable Mass Downloader back.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Jan Allan Zischke 09/07/2009 10:32 am
Hello,

thats not working here with pdf docs on Windows 7 32-bit with Google Chrome 4.0.206.1 and disable all options in MD. Every click it opens MD to download the pdf, but I would like to open the pdf direct in Chrome and not downloading it. I''ve deleted the pdf extension from MD too and nothing has changed.
Jan Allan Zischke 09/07/2009 10:34 am
Oh sorry, forgot the Mass Downloader Version, it is 3.7.12.808 in Trial mode.
Alexander 09/07/2009 10:55 am
Jan Allan Zischke,

Thank you for writing us.
Chrome inherits the integration library from Netscape browsers or Opera. Just find and delete all NPMASSDN.DLL files and this will fix the problem.
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Jan Allan Zischke 09/08/2009 10:29 am
Hi Alexander,

thanks for your answer.

I''ve deleted the NPMASSDN.DLL in the MD directory and now it works, but thats not a really solution to disable MD in Chrome completely. Are you planning to support Google Chrome and Windows 7 in the next release?
AlexanderBa 09/14/2009 03:53 am
Jan Allan Zischke,
Could you please go to the Mass Downloader Options | Integration | Browsers.
Do you have the Netscape Navigator 1.0-4.x or Mozilla, Netscape Navigator 6, 7 checkbox checked on? Please uncheck. Please write about the result.