Thread Creation Error

Robert 09/09/2008 02:08 pm
I setup a series of downloads by right clicking a file link (from a website) and selecting "Copy shortcut". I have about 80 downoads queued. 8 files downloaded fine with three left in progress when all downloading stopped. When I try to stop and restart them, or start any other download in the queue, I get the following error.

Mass Downloaded 3.5.2.752
Exception EThread in moduile massdown.exe at 0002B37C
Thread creation error: Not enough storage is available to process this comman.

Do you want to send this exception information to MetaProducts.

I''ve been selecting Yes

I tried to close and restart Mass Download

I''m going to try rebooting the computer now.
Robert 09/09/2008 02:21 pm
> I setup a series of downloads by right clicking a file link (from a website) and selecting "Copy shortcut". I have about 80 downoads queued. 8 files downloaded fine with three left in progress when all downloading stopped. When I try to stop and restart them, or start any other download in the queue, I get the following error.
>
> Mass Downloaded 3.5.2.752
> Exception EThread in moduile massdown.exe at 0002B37C
> Thread creation error: Not enough storage is available to process this comman.
>
> Do you want to send this exception information to MetaProducts.
>
> I''''ve been selecting Yes
>
> I tried to close and restart Mass Download
>
> I''''m going to try rebooting the computer now.

Rebooting the computer has cleared this error. Now I''ll wait to see if it pops up again after about 10 files download.
Robert 09/09/2008 10:02 pm
> > I setup a series of downloads by right clicking a file link (from a website) and selecting "Copy shortcut". I have about 80 downoads queued. 8 files downloaded fine with three left in progress when all downloading stopped. When I try to stop and restart them, or start any other download in the queue, I get the following error.
> >
> > Mass Downloaded 3.5.2.752
> > Exception EThread in moduile massdown.exe at 0002B37C
> > Thread creation error: Not enough storage is available to process this comman.
> >
> > Do you want to send this exception information to MetaProducts.
> >
> > I''''''''ve been selecting Yes
> >
> > I tried to close and restart Mass Download
> >
> > I''''''''m going to try rebooting the computer now.
>
> Rebooting the computer has cleared this error. Now I''''ll wait to see if it pops up again after about 10 files download.

This error occurred again. This time the computer had set for several hours after MD stopped downloading. When I clicked OK on the first error, another one popped up. It said;

Exception EOSError in modeul massdown.exe at 00010DFA.
System error. Code 5.
Access Denied

Alexander 09/10/2008 02:23 am
Robert,

Thank you for your report.
I forwarded it to the developer. He will check the error address to fix the problem.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Robert 09/11/2008 03:46 am
> > > I setup a series of downloads by right clicking a file link (from a website) and selecting "Copy shortcut". I have about 80 downoads queued. 8 files downloaded fine with three left in progress when all downloading stopped. When I try to stop and restart them, or start any other download in the queue, I get the following error.
> > >
> > > Mass Downloaded 3.5.2.752
> > > Exception EThread in moduile massdown.exe at 0002B37C
> > > Thread creation error: Not enough storage is available to process this comman.
> > >
> > > Do you want to send this exception information to MetaProducts.
> > >
> > > I''''''''''''''''ve been selecting Yes
> > >
> > > I tried to close and restart Mass Download
> > >
> > > I''''''''''''''''m going to try rebooting the computer now.
> >
> > Rebooting the computer has cleared this error. Now I''''''''ll wait to see if it pops up again after about 10 files download.
>
> This error occurred again. This time the computer had set for several hours after MD stopped downloading. When I clicked OK on the first error, another one popped up. It said;
>
> Exception EOSError in modeul massdown.exe at 00010DFA.
> System error. Code 5.
> Access Denied
>
>

The original EThread error has gone away, but now I am getting a new error that is happening regularly. It is an EOutofMemory error. I did some searching and found it is cause when a program requests additional memory, but doesn''t release it.
So I started watching massdown.exe in Windows Task Manager. When I first start Mass Downloader it only takes up a few megabytes of memory. But as it downloads files, it progressively takes up more memory. In the time it took me to write this message it has goen from it''s few megabytes to over 150mb and still climbing.
Alexander 09/12/2008 03:47 am
Robert,

Could you please provide us with details on your Internet channel speed, size of phisical memory, size of the downloaded file?

Thanks,
Alexander
Ben 11/02/2008 03:41 pm
i have the same problem too.i ve downloaded so many versions of MD or even install it on the different Drive but it still show me the same error and i just vant download anything.
please help me
AlexanderBa 11/05/2008 09:50 am
Could you please test the new version of Mass Downloader? You can download it from:
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/mdsetup.exe
Please write about the result.