Resources and performance flaws?

md-user 06/18/2008 03:28 am
Hello,

are there any plans to decrease the resource usage of MD? i''m on a pretty fast line.
so dowloads are usually with >3500 kb/s.

problem is that md is consuming 50% of the processor with a single file downloaded at this speed!!!!

btw. it''s a 2,4 ghz dualcore P4 with 2 gigs of ram. so it''s embarrassing that a simple (paid) downloadmanger brings takes it down.

adding files during a dowload brings md and the entire pc to his knees. scrolling in the list
isn''t availablee anymore. after a while the processor jumps up to 100% an md quits responding.

freedownloadmanager has no problems with a lot of downloads in the list and this speed.
so i think there a some heavy performance flaws in md. please update you code afap.

regards

Alexander 06/19/2008 04:22 am
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for writing us.
Could you please try to set the number of downloading threads to 1?
Please select all projects (Ctrl+A,) right-click one of selected projects and select the Properties item of the popup menu. In the Project Properties dialog please set the Threads number to 1, click the OK button.

If this helps, please set the default number of threads to 1 using the File | Default Project Properties dialog.

Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
md-user 06/27/2008 01:12 pm
i turned of logging for all downlaods. md is now usable. but scrolling through the list is quite a bit slow if there are a lot of downloads in list. but the major issue is gone with deactivating logging.
Alexander 06/27/2008 04:27 pm
Thank you for your feedback.
How many simultaneous downloads do you have? How many downloading threads per download?

Thanks,
Alexander
md-user 07/02/2008 01:40 am
always only one active download and 5 threads per download.
Alexander 07/02/2008 02:21 am
Thank you for your feedback.
As I understand, program works well for you now?
If it doesn''t you may want to try, say, five simultaneous downloads with one thread per download.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
mondenath 11/08/2008 10:57 am
> Thank you for your feedback.
> As I understand, program works well for you now?
> If it doesn''''t you may want to try, say, five simultaneous downloads with one thread per download.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff

hello alex if i am not wrong i can call you like that

i am a used for downloads for more than a year for the time being i used to have mass downloder for few weeks

i am impressed with this can u explain why threads really slow down the processor as if its from various sources i used to have more than 35 threads but only one download since i had a 2 mb connection i would get a speed not more than 250-300 kb ok

its the problem i am facing i had the following config laptop its acer travel mate
intel duo core 2 t7500 2.2 gh with 4mb l2 cache
2gb 667mgz
and 320 gb hdd
and xp 64 bit professional

since then i had about say 250 files past history and few say 30-40 files per day with min 35 thread for rapidshare files and min 25 thread for megaupload files

why i am facing a problem of corrupted rar files atleast say if i am downloading a game cost 3.2 gb today almost 10 files are corrupted see how much time and energy as well as bandwith i am wasting but ur product is good when compared to others in the market which is ease to add files schedule them as well as manage them still then we face many problems such as corrupted file and slow in browsing list of downloaded files

Alexander 11/10/2008 03:17 am
Mondenath,

Thank you for writing us.

> i am impressed with this can u explain why threads really slow down the processor as if its from
> various sources i used to have more than 35 threads but only one download since i had a 2 mb
> connection i would get a speed not more than 250-300 kb ok

For such connection speed please try to use 2-3 threads or even just a single one.
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff