Keys being grabbed by Mass Downloader

Roddy MacKenzie 03/23/2008 08:35 am
Mass Downloader 3.3.689 SR2 seems to be grabbing some undocumented key combinations.

I am using ThumbsPlus 7.0 SR2 on a fully patched Win2000 Pro installation. This allows me to use Ctrl+Shift+F5 to copy a folder, but not when I am using Mass Downloader at the same time. Shift+Alt+F5 (Move folder in TP) is also being captured by MD. Neither of these combnations seems to be documented for MD. Losing them in TP is a major irritation. (Yes, TP can be used with keyboard menu options and mouse menu options, but these are annoyingly slow when I am doing a bulk download with OEE & MD in the background)

Is there a way to prevent MD grabbing these combinations?

Roddy
Alexander 03/24/2008 10:04 am
Roddy MacKenzie,

Thank you for writing us.
Close Mass Downloader, download the following file and open the HotKeysOff.reg from this archive. This file will import the Mass Downloader Registry switch to disable hotkeys.

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/MDHotKeysOFF.zip

Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Roddy MacKenzie 03/27/2008 01:57 pm
Sorry about the delay, Alex - problems at work kept me from dealing with really important stuff on my home machines.

Bad news - MD still grabs the Ctrl-Shift-F5 combination

Roddy
AlexanderBa 03/28/2008 07:27 am
Roddy,
Please uninstall Mass Downloader without keeping settings? Then install it again and open HotKeysOff.reg file from archive. Please confirm registry import with OK button.

Thanks.
AlexanderBa.
Roddy MacKenzie 03/31/2008 01:07 pm
Thanks Alex.

Problem solved. MD and TP work together in perfect harmony now.

Roddy