Only downloads a small file?

Charlton 12/28/2007 04:27 pm
I have been using MD fine for a the last few weeks but now it has just decoded to have a problem. When I add a file from rapidshare to download, it downloads a small 5kb corrupted version of the 100mb file. I have a legit and working rapidshare account from whick I can download from using my browser.

How do I fix this?
Alex 12/29/2007 02:26 am
Charlton,

Thank you for writing us.
Could you please tell me the name of your browser?
Please download the recent build of Mass Downloader from http://www.metaproducts.com/download/mdsetup.exe, install it and repeat your test opening Rapidshare in Internet Explorer.
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Rob 01/01/2008 07:43 pm
> I have been using MD fine for a the last few weeks but now it has just decoded to have a problem. When I add a file from rapidshare to download, it downloads a small 5kb corrupted version of the 100mb file. I have a legit and working rapidshare account from whick I can download from using my browser.
>
> How do I fix this?

Think you'll find that it downloads only the file "header" and not the file itself.

Right click on the file you wish to down load in MassDownloader file window. Select Properties / Password.
Enter your Rapidshare details and click on Set as Default - so you dont have to enter these details every time.

Hope that works for you.

Rob
Rob 01/01/2008 07:50 pm
Forgot to mention that you will also get a 5k file, if the Rapidshare file has been removed form their service.

to check that MD is working ok and automatically is to click on a link that you know works. Once you've done this, any 5k links are dead files.

I regularly download 25 Rapidshare links at a time with just one or 2 mouse clicks

Happy downloading.