New? Bug in Download All for Opera

Jan Martin Pettersen 08/05/2007 07:50 pm
It seems like I might have encountered a bug in the support MD has for Download All in opera.

I use 3.3 SR1.

If an A tag contains the attribute 'title' (tested with lower case), the comment column gets everything within the opening tag, starting with the T in title upto and including the next greaterthan symbol.

It's seems rather easy to test, just add title="test" in any A element, open the page with Opera, select Download all, and observe the comment field not receiving the data it should have in the popup selector.

I encountered this when I saw in the history that you have fixed the download all issue and I decided to try it.

Except for this new, rather minor issue it seems to be working just fine.

In case you have questions about it being a valid attribute for A:

The title attribute is a valid attribute for A in apparently every (X)HTML version since at least 4.
It is used for advisory information (tooltip in opera) and accessibility, such as screen readers.

No issues with the same in FF or IE, but those seems to be handled differently too.
Alexander 08/06/2007 04:47 am
Jan Martin Pettersen,

Thank you for writing us.
I forwarded your report to the Mass Downloader developer. He will test this problem in the next version of the program.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff

Alexander 08/15/2007 09:58 am
Jan Martin Pettersen,

Could you please test the updated build?
You can download it from: http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/mdsetup.exe
Please write us about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Jan Martin Pettersen 08/16/2007 06:46 pm
> Jan Martin Pettersen,
>
> Could you please test the updated build?
> You can download it from: http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/mdsetup.exe
> Please write us about the result. Thank you.
>
This one seems to work rather well.. I have just tested what I presented to you, in addition
to a little test adding a couple of invalid attributes..
Seems it handles it rather well now, by ignoring them.

Thank you.
Alexander 08/17/2007 02:34 am
Jan Martin Pettersen,

Thank you for your feedback.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further question.

Best regards,
Alexander