problem with scheduling

ihturs 04/21/2007 04:51 am
Hello

I've downloaded Mass Downloader v 3.2. I tried scheduling a download in the following way:
I right clicked on the page where the files are present,
selected mass downloader-> download all
In the Mass Downloader add projects preview, I selected the required files to be downloaded
(1- How do i set "Add selected links using" properties dialog as the default option?
2- In Select "using a mask" how do i specify multiple file types to download? For eg- to download mp3 and text files, is it correct to say *.mp3,*.txt ? This did not work for me!)

I clicked on download button. the "Mass Downloader Project Properties" window opens.
I clicked on the Scheduler tab, checked Enable, selected "start downloading ONCE" and gave the time and date.

The problem is that irrespective of whether i click start or ok button, the download of the file starts immediately. The file also downloads at the scheduled time.

Do i have to set some options such that the file gets downloaded only at the scheduled time, and not immediately after the project properties are set?
Please guide.
Thanks!
Alexander 04/21/2007 08:09 am
Ihturs,

> I've downloaded Mass Downloader v 3.2. I tried scheduling a download in the following way:
> I right clicked on the page where the files are present,
> selected mass downloader-> download all
> In the Mass Downloader add projects preview, I selected the required files to be downloaded
> (1- How do i set "Add selected links using" properties dialog as the default option?

Please go to the Mass Downloader Options dialog, Integration page. Uncheck the Use Default Properties box and click the OK button.

> 2- In Select "using a mask" how do i specify multiple file types to download? For eg- to
> download mp3 and text files, is it correct to say *.mp3,*.txt ? This did not work for me!)

Just make two consecutive selection by mask: with *.mp3 first and with *.txt then.
We will add the ability to use several masks to the next version of Mass Downloader.

> I clicked on download button. the "Mass Downloader Project Properties" window opens.
> I clicked on the Scheduler tab, checked Enable, selected "start downloading ONCE" and gave the time and date.
>
> The problem is that irrespective of whether i click start or ok button, the download of the file starts immediately. The file also downloads at the scheduled time.

Thank you for your report.
Could you please check if you have the Mass Downloader Options dialog, Download | Startup | Automatically start new downloads box checked? Please uncheck it, click the OK button.
Meantime we will fix this problem.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff

> Do i have to set some options such that the file gets downloaded only at the scheduled time, and not immediately after the project properties are set?
> Please guide.
> Thanks!
>
ihturs 04/22/2007 01:18 pm
Thanks Mr.Alexander! your suggestions worked, and I was able to download during the scheduled time.
But I face a new problem.. After the scheduled download gets completed, an alert box pops up saying
"Access violation at address 005c28d7 in module 'massdown.exe'. Read of address 00000000".
The addresses differ for different files downloaded. How can this problem be fixed?

Regards
ihturs
Alexander 04/25/2007 04:50 am
Ihturs,

Thank you for your report.
Could you please test the updated build? You can download it from:
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/mdbsetup.exe
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff