MD 3.2.661 - Unable to set download speed

John 11/29/2006 03:23 am
I'm evaluating MD (been using DL Express for years) and finding it impossible to set the "Medium" download speed to anything other than the default of 5kbps...I can change the value in the "Speed" dialog, but it doesn't 'stick' (also, the "Apply" button is grayed out). Is there something I've missed in setup?
Alexander 11/29/2006 10:48 am
John,

Thank you for writing us.
This bug is fixed. Could you please test the updated build from: http://www.metaproducts.com/download/mdsetup.exe ?
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
John 11/30/2006 12:56 am
Alexander,

Okay, that fixes it. Thanks!

New subject...I have another problem I'd like to ask you about:

Link: mms://wm.z1.mii-streaming.net/media/pbs/windows/general/windows/nbr/nbr_hi.wmv

I download from this streaming link frequently. If the file (a 30 minute DL, ~50MB) doesn't already exist on the target drive, MD works perfectly, but if I don't erase a previously saved file first, downloading again appends the new DL to the existing file (now ~100MB).

In "Options>Download>Startup", I have "When destination file already exists on the disk" set to "Autorename." I'm not getting the expected second file.

Thanks again for your assistance,

John
Alexander 11/30/2006 05:49 am
John,

> Okay, that fixes it. Thanks!

Thank you for your feedback.

> New subject...I have another problem I'd like to ask you about:
>
> Link: mms://wm.z1.mii-streaming.net/media/pbs/windows/general/windows/nbr/nbr_hi.wmv
>
> I download from this streaming link frequently. If the file (a 30 minute DL, ~50MB) doesn't
> already exist on the target drive, MD works perfectly, but if I don't erase a previously saved
> file first, downloading again appends the new DL to the existing file (now ~100MB).
>
> In "Options>Download>Startup", I have "When destination file already exists on the disk"
> set to "Autorename." I'm not getting the expected second file.

Please right-click the project, select the Download | Restart from beginning item to restart this download.

Regards,
Alexander