Downloads reach 99% and freeze Up Computer ?

Col 10/14/2006 06:47 am
Hi,
Sorry but this isnt particularly aimed at Mass downloader, but in fact even at the standard windows browser downloader !! recently since i had my internet connection doubled some downloads hang at 99.9% and wont complete. Strange thing is, its only certain types of files, usually zips or rars.
Some download fast and fine, other hang at 99% and i have to close all windows and delete the cache.
Anyone have any ideas of what could cause this ? i have of course scanned with all my usual AV and Anti spyware ,and its not that. Its a bit of a mystery, sorry to post here, but i am a regged Mass Downloader user and i thought this could be the best place to ask.
Thank you Col Hancock
Alexander 10/16/2006 09:50 am
Col Hancock,

It seems that you have your antivirus software set to monitor file operations and check newly created files for viruses. When Mass Downloader completes the download, it closes the file. Your AV software sees this and starts its check. Please try to disable antivirus temporarly to test this and download some file. Will it be downloaded without delay at 99%?

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Col 10/16/2006 12:18 pm
> Col Hancock,
>
> It seems that you have your antivirus software set to monitor file operations and check newly created files for viruses. When Mass Downloader completes the download, it closes the file. Your AV software sees this and starts its check. Please try to disable antivirus temporarly to test this and download some file. Will it be downloaded without delay at 99%?
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff

Thanks Alexander,
after i posted and thought a while i figured that maybe it was my NOD32 antivirus ,so i reconfigured it a little and everything was good again.
Thanks for replying.
SOLVED.
Alexander 10/17/2006 06:44 am
Col,

I am glad to hear that your problem is solved.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further question.

Alexander
David 10/17/2006 01:40 pm
> > Col Hancock,

> after i posted and thought a while i figured that maybe it was my NOD32 antivirus ,so i reconfigured it a little and everything was good again.
> Thanks for replying.
> SOLVED.

Hi Col
What changes did you make to Nod32
Col 10/20/2006 06:24 pm
> > > Col Hancock,
>
> > after i posted and thought a while i figured that maybe it was my NOD32 antivirus ,so i reconfigured it a little and everything was good again.
> > Thanks for replying.
> > SOLVED.
>
> Hi Col
> What changes did you make to Nod32
>
Hi David

I had to go into IMON / Misc /scanner and uncheck "scan archives"

AMON will still pick anything up so don’t worry about protection.

Cheers