speed- an resource-problems

schwarz 09/25/2006 09:44 pm
i use your newest md on an older pc (160 mb ram) with win98 and adsl 3 mbit/sec.

with your standard-settings 10 threads were opened but with max. speed the dl-speed is max 1/4 - 1/2 of the browser-dl (right-click, save target as...). furthermore the whole system is bussy - nearly no action is possible (mousemovement, open windows ...).

i looked around in this forum and tried many other settings (number of threads, max. size of threads)

last i tried thread=1 and the dl worked with about half of the browser-speed without fully blockade of the system. but if i add another dl-job in a few seconds all system-resources (user-resources) were catched (available now less than 5% as rest) and no other action is possible. most i need to switch-off the connection or the whole pc.

i think there is someting wrong. with browser-dl i download most 6-8 big files simultan and the speed is nearly 3 mb/sec (max number of connections is set to 10 in registry). i want you tool to resume dl.

what is to do ?
is it better to use your free DE ?

thank you

Alexander 09/27/2006 07:07 am
Schwarz,

Thank you for writing us.
Could you please run Mass Downloader with the /NOWRITE command line switch and tell us about the result?
Please use the Start button menu | Run dialog, type: massdown.exe /NOWRITE
and click the OK button, then start the download. What is the speed? Does it freeze the system?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
schwarz 09/27/2006 04:09 pm
> Schwarz,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> Could you please run Mass Downloader with the /NOWRITE command line switch and tell us about the result?
> Please use the Start button menu | Run dialog, type: massdown.exe /NOWRITE
> and click the OK button, then start the download. What is the speed? Does it freeze the system?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff
>

thank you - but there are the same problems: slow, fetching all resources ...

Alexander 09/28/2006 03:37 am
Schwarz,

Thank you for your feedback.
We will test Mass Downloader at a similar system to find the cause of the problem.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
schwarz 10/18/2006 04:00 pm
> Schwarz,
>
> Thank you for your feedback.
> We will test Mass Downloader at a similar system to find the cause of the problem.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff

are there any soltions ?
Alexander 10/19/2006 03:28 am
Schwarz,

Unfortunately, not yet. The development team prepare the Vista-compatible version now and Mass Downloader is in a bit non-assembled form.
I will contact you with a request to test the updated version when it is ready.
Thank you for your help!

Alexander
schwarz 12/18/2006 05:43 am
> Schwarz,
>
> Unfortunately, not yet. The development team prepare the Vista-compatible version now and Mass Downloader is in a bit non-assembled form.
> I will contact you with a request to test the updated version when it is ready.
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Alexander

any solution now ?
Alexander 12/18/2006 06:03 am
Schwarz,

We debug this and related problem now.
I hope this will be fixed shortly.

Thanks,
Alexander