Already added files

Jansen 09/13/2006 03:05 pm
Is it possible to set MD so that all previously downloaded URL's will NOT be downloaded again, but without repeating asking "Do you want to add it again". My question is also why, when I want to download all files from a page, sometimes I get only the messages "You've already added that file" (prefereable to me) other times I get also the ask for every single file to confirm the MD project properties.

Or is possible to remove duplicate url's from list of files to be downloaded?
Alexander 09/14/2006 03:49 am
Jansen,

Thank you for writing us.

> Is it possible to set MD so that all previously downloaded URL's will NOT be downloaded again,
> but without repeating asking "Do you want to add it again".

We can do this. But how Mass Downloader will inform you that it does not add the file you want to download, because it was added already? Otherwise you will be disappointed adding the file to Mass Downloader without any result.

> My question is also why, when I want to download all files from a page, sometimes I get only
> the messages "You've already added that file" (prefereable to me) other times I get also the
> ask for every single file to confirm the MD project properties.

What version of Mass Downloader do you use?
Please go to the Options dialog, Advanced | Confirmations page. Please click the Reset button. This will return the default values for confirmation settings and enable the "Do you want to use the same settings for the rest projects" dialog when you download all files from a page.

> Or is possible to remove duplicate url's from list of files to be downloaded?

Mass Downloader removes duplicates in the "Madd Downloader add projects preview" dialog automatically. So, even if the page contains several links for some file, it will appear in this dialog once only.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff