Mass Downloader and Vista

Stefan 09/07/2006 08:36 pm
Hey there...
I tried installing MD 3.2.651 SR2 on Windows Vista. It installed fine but crashes instantly as soon as I try to run the program.
Is that a known problem and when will we get a Vista compatible version of MD? I can't do without....
Alexander 09/11/2006 04:01 am
Stefan,

Thank you for writing us.
We will check this and fix the problem in the next Mass Downloader release.
I hope it will be released in a month.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
JL 09/25/2006 12:18 am
I experienced the same trouble! "Windows is unable to run the program, We will check for some availabe solutions"; but aftes a few seconds, another notification appears: "Unable to initialize application... mass downloader will now be closed"
I really want this downloader compatible with vista, cause it's simple and I like everything on it! I don't want to use other software. Thanks for any advance and be sure I'll be waiting for the next release!
Ronnie 10/24/2006 03:57 pm
> Hey there...
> I tried installing MD 3.2.651 SR2 on Windows Vista. It installed fine but crashes instantly as soon as I try to run the program.
> Is that a known problem and when will we get a Vista compatible version of MD? I can't do without....

GetRight works with Vista now. I seems like Vista kind of snuck up on MetaProducts, you would think they would at least have a beta or something.
Alexander 10/25/2006 03:52 am
Ronnie,

Thank you for writing us.
We hope to have the Vista-compatible version before the end of this week. Few days of internal testing and we can release it in the beginning of the next week.

Thanks,
Alexander
Rommel 12/12/2006 10:23 pm
> Ronnie,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> We hope to have the Vista-compatible version before the end of this week. Few days of internal testing and we can release it in the beginning of the next week.
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander

I just installed the latest version of Mass Downloader that is Vista compatible. It cannot handle large downloads. It will either run out of memory half way through a 3 gig download (giving me constant out of memory popups) or it will go up to 99% then stop responding. I have to use the Task Manager to close the application. When I check the memory usage it starts from 9mb at the beginning and then blows up to over 60mb before I have to force it to quit. It uses more memory than IE or Firefox, not to mention that it is slower than competing products. Super sluggish. It's like running on .NET. Please fix the huge memory leak!

My system config is Windows XP SP2, 2GB RAM and 1TB HD.

Thanks.