Error message in Windows file explorer

Colman 08/23/2006 02:42 am
After installation MD V3.2 SR1, I cannot open certain folder in the window file explorer and prompt "explorer creates error and will be closed down by Window.......". It is suprise that this error occurs in certain folders and not all the directories. If I uninstall the MD, the problem disappear all.
Alexander 08/23/2006 09:40 am
Colman,

Thank you for writing us.
Please go to the Mass Downloader Options dialog, Integration | Browsers section. Please switch the "Use alternative integration method" box and click the OK button.
Reboot your Windows, the test your Windows Explorer navigation. Will this error appear?

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Colman 08/24/2006 03:26 am
> Colman,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> Please go to the Mass Downloader Options dialog, Integration | Browsers section. Please switch the "Use alternative integration method" box and click the OK button.
> Reboot your Windows, the test your Windows Explorer navigation. Will this error appear?
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff

Yes, it work fine. As well, if I uncheck the browser clicks for MS IE, the error also gone. For my interest, please elaborate why the malfunction of unable to open directories occur only at several particular folders but not globally for all folders. Great thanks for help.

Alexander 08/24/2006 03:37 am
Colman,

There seems to be a problem with UNICODE folder names.
Do the problem folders contain some non-English characters?

Thanks,
Alexander
Colman 08/25/2006 11:31 am
> Colman,
>
> There seems to be a problem with UNICODE folder names.
> Do the problem folders contain some non-English characters?
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander

Yes, Alex. I am using Chinese XP, Taiwan Chinese version. I think that is the source of error.
Alexander 08/28/2006 02:43 am
Colman,

Thank you for the informsation.

> Yes, Alex. I am using Chinese XP, Taiwan Chinese version. I think that is the source of error.

It isn't the source. We will try to fix this problem in the future version of Mass Downloader.

Thanks,
Alexander