How can I queue one file after another in download ?

Author Message
P.Nandi 05/02/2006 11:16 am
Hello, I am a registered user of Mass Downloader. My question is how can I add multiple downloads to Mass Downloader in such a way that only one file is downloaded at a time, and then the next files is downloaded, and then the next, and so on in a queue. This way I can download only one file at a time with full speed, and when it is finished, I want to start the next. How do I do that assuming I am copying all the download links one by one to Mass downloader. Such as say I am copying one link after another from Rapidshare download links. TIA

P.Nandi
Alexander 05/02/2006 02:16 pm
P.Nandi,

Thank you for writing us.
Please go to the Mass Downloader Options dialog, Download | Startup page. Set the "Maximum active downloads" parameter to 1, "When download completes..." - to "Download Queue Position". Then go to the Integration page, check the "Add new projects to thr Download Queue" box, click the OK button.

Mass Downloader now places all new projects to the Download Queue. When you click the Start toolbar button, Mass Downloader starts to download projects from Download Queue one by one.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| MetaProducts Corporation
P.Nandi 05/06/2006 12:56 pm
Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your reply. This is exactly what I wanted.

P.Nandi

Alexander 05/06/2006 03:39 pm
P.Nandi,

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Alexander
Yon L. Burris 06/25/2006 05:49 pm
> P.Nandi,
>
> Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
>
> Alexander
>

I cannot get this one-by-one feature to work. I have about 90 .wmv file in the queue. If I limit downloads to 1 (in options startup) and limit number of threads to 1 (in all projects properties), once I select all the projects and press start, MD attempts to download all 90 files simultaneously. This eventually causes out of memory errors. I have tried different settings on Load projects automatically or Do not start automatically, but, no matter what setting MD attempts to download every file at once.

How do I get MD to go through the project list one project at a time? I am on a cable modem connection. I am using version 3.2.651 SR2
Yon L. Burris 06/25/2006 05:51 pm
> > P.Nandi,
> >
> > Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
> >
> > Alexander
> >
>
> I cannot get this one-by-one feature to work. I have about 90 .wmv file in the queue. If I limit downloads to 1 (in options startup) and limit number of threads to 1 (in all projects properties), once I select all the projects and press start, MD attempts to download all 90 files simultaneously. This eventually causes out of memory errors. I have tried different settings on Load projects automatically or Do not start automatically, but, no matter what setting MD attempts to download every file at once.
>
> How do I get MD to go through the project list one project at a time? I am on a cable modem connection. I am using version 3.2.651 SR2

Forgot to mention, these files were added to the download queue. Each project has the small boxed number by it indicating it's order in the queue.

Thanks
Alexander 06/26/2006 04:14 am
Yon L. Burris,

Thank you for writing us.
Please do not select all files.
Please ensure that they don't have the "Do not load automatically" status and go to the main menu Download | Start 1 most priority Project.
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Yon L. Burris 06/26/2006 05:07 am
> Yon L. Burris,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> Please do not select all files.
> Please ensure that they don't have the "Do not load automatically" status and go to the main menu Download | Start 1 most priority Project.
> Please write me about the result. Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff

I figured out the problem. When I change the number of active downloads, I must exit and restart the program for it to take effect. Also, when I was clicking X to exit, the program wasn't really exiting but merely going into background mode.

Everything seems to be fine now.
Alexander 06/26/2006 05:49 am
Yon L. Burris,

Thank you for your feedback.

Alexander
JohnG 10/13/2006 04:46 pm
> P.Nandi,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> Please go to the Mass Downloader Options dialog, Download | Startup page. Set the "Maximum active downloads" parameter to 1, "When download completes..." - to "Download Queue Position". Then go to the Integration page, check the "Add new projects to thr Download Queue" box, click the OK button.
>
> Mass Downloader now places all new projects to the Download Queue. When you click the Start toolbar button, Mass Downloader starts to download projects from Download Queue one by one.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | MetaProducts Corporation


I have to say I still struggle to get this to work.

I've followed these instructions to the letter but MD ONLY downloads the selected file, not the whole queue

If I have existing files in the queue, and start MD, it comes up with the first file selected. Hovering over the Green Start button says "Start downloading the selected projects" which is exactly what it does, downloads ONLY the selected project.
Hovering over the Drop Arrow on the Start button says "Start 1 Priority project" which is also exactly what it does.

If I select all the files in the queue and hit start then it starts ALL of them simultaneously, regardless of the settings option.
It seems impossible to NOT select any file, so pressing start ALWAYS acts on the selected files, and seems to disregard the options settings.

I'm sorry if this sounds dumb, but I must be missing something??????

MD 3.2.651SR2

Can you explain again please

Thanks
J0hnG
Alexander 10/16/2006 09:46 am
JohnG,

Thank you for writing us.
Please tell me, what is the Queue status of projects in your download list? Please select projects, right-click selection, go to the Queue popup menu entry and select the Set Normal item. Will this change the behavior of the program?

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff