Mass Downloader uninstall problem

Phil 04/23/2006 07:01 pm
After uninstalling Mass Downloader trial version, the two options still appear on my IE drop-down menu when I right-click on a link. How can I get rid of these?
Alexander 04/24/2006 08:28 am
Phil,

Thank you for your report.
This seems to be a bug, we will fix this problem in the next version of Mass Downloader.

To solve your problem please:

1. Go to the Windows Start button menu, Run dialog
2. Type "regedit", click the OK button
3. In the Registry Editor please open the following folder:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt
4. Select and delete subfolders:
+ &Mass Downloader: download this file
+ Mass Downloader: download &All files

Then please run Internet Explorer and check the right-click menu. Please write us about the result.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Phil 04/24/2006 11:49 am
Worked perfectly. Thanks!
Edward Forsythe 05/07/2006 09:07 am
Hi Phil,
Why uninstalling? Have you had any problems with MD? I am considering a purchase but I need input.
Paul 07/06/2006 07:52 pm
Hi Alexander

I installed Mass Downloader as a trial and on de-installing over 65,000 temp files were written to the install directory which I then had to remove manually.

I can not PERMANENTLY remove the registry entries

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt

+ &Mass Downloader: download this file
+ Mass Downloader: download &All files

I delete them from the registry and when I re-boot they are re-written

No matter what I try I can not over come this issue.

The registry entries do not seem to be causing any problems, its just frustrating (annoying) that they can not be removed permanently.

Advice on why this is occurring and how to overcome would be appreciated.

thanks
Paul
Alexander 07/07/2006 03:14 am
Paul,

Thank you for writing us.

> I installed Mass Downloader as a trial and on de-installing over 65,000 temp files were
> written to the install directory which I then had to remove manually.

Could you please tell me the name of this directory?

> I can not PERMANENTLY remove the registry entries
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt
>
> + &Mass Downloader: download this file
> + Mass Downloader: download &All files
>
> I delete them from the registry and when I re-boot they are re-written

Only massdown.exe can create these entries on its start. Please ensure that you do not have massdown.exe at your hard disks and write me about the result. Thank you!

What was the Mass Downloader version number you had installed?

Thank you!
Alexander
Vaericke 04/17/2008 03:57 am
hello,

I had the same problem and when i try to download from the i-net mass downloader always appears and says "massdownloader could no take over download" I tried to use reg edit and did what you said but it's still there. And one more thing I use opera browser.
Alexander 04/17/2008 08:07 am
Vaericke,

Could you please tell me how did you uninstall Mass Downloader? Was Opera opened that time?

Please try to find the npmassdn.dll file and erase it. It should be placed in the Opera disk folder, program/plugins subfolder.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Vaericke 04/17/2008 09:16 am
> Vaericke,
>
> Could you please tell me how did you uninstall Mass Downloader? Was Opera opened that time?
>
> Please try to find the npmassdn.dll file and erase it. It should be placed in the Opera disk folder, program/plugins subfolder.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff

Alexander Bednyakov,

Thanks for the help I tried what you told me and it worked.

I'll just tell what I did yeay your right opera was open when i uninstalled massdownloader i used winaso to uninstall it. The following day massdownloader keeps on taking over the downnload but no progress at all so i decided to uninstall it from control panel (thinking that it was gone) I was surprised to see it there but when i tried to uninstall it , It said that "metaproducts massdownloader" was already uninstalled so i got mad and deleted it from the folder at program files then it says access denied so i deleted the files one by one instead of the whole folder but there were 2 items which could not be deleted low cookies and a .dll i tried to reboot but it was still there so i tried to search it here and ifound these posts i followed the first one and it worked on ie so itried to find it in opera but wasn't there so i downloaded file shredder and i deleted those two files rebooted but was still there so i posted here and u replied .. Thanks so much..

Vaericke
Philippines
vaerickekingad@yahoo.com