MD - a few questions

Alex 03/12/2006 07:22 am
Hi

I`ve been using the trial version of Mass Downloader for the last week and have a few questions:

Firstly, I looked at your upgrade guide and saw this:

"In general, all major upgrades (i.e., 1.0, 2.0, x.0, etc.) require full re-registration. However, depending on the type of program, customers may not be charged for major upgrades."

Does that mean I`ll need to pay an upgrade fee when the product moves from 3.x to 4.x? I noticed that existing customers didn`t have to pay to upgrade from 2.x to 3.x so I don`t know here the product stands with this?

Secondly, does Mass Downloader have plans to support Windows Vista 64-bit? Again will I have to pay an upgrade fee for this?

I`m still comparing the product with other IDM`s so I won`t make a list of things I`d like to see. However, there is one thing. Do you have any plans to include MD5sum comparison to ensure that any downloads are not corrupt?

Thanks in advance.

Alex
Alexander 03/12/2006 12:48 pm
Alex,

Thank you for writing us.

> "In general, all major upgrades (i.e., 1.0, 2.0, x.0, etc.) require full re-registration. However,
> depending on the type of program, customers may not be charged for major upgrades."
>
> Does that mean I`ll need to pay an upgrade fee when the product moves from 3.x to 4.x? I
>noticed that existing customers didn`t have to pay to upgrade from 2.x to 3.x so I don`t
> know here the product stands with this?

We do not plan to ask upgrade fee for the future major upgrades of Mass Downloader.

> Secondly, does Mass Downloader have plans to support Windows Vista 64-bit? Again will I
> have to pay an upgrade fee for this?

Yes, we have this in plans, but I cannot tell you the time frame for this.

> I`m still comparing the product with other IDM`s so I won`t make a list of things I`d like
> to see. However, there is one thing. Do you have any plans to include MD5sum comparison
> to ensure that any downloads are not corrupt?

This will be added to the 3.4 version of Mass Downloader. This version will be released in the beginning of this Summer.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Alex 03/12/2006 03:05 pm
Hi Alexander,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. That`s certainly good news!

So far I`ve been impressed with MD. Keep up the good work!

Alex