Why doesn`t it matter if any option is turned off?

Jan Martin Pettersen 12/31/2005 01:09 pm
Hello..
I have MD 3.2 SR1 (registered), and I use Opera 8.51, and I`ve had a problem for quite some time.

Why must MD interfere with a download regardless of settings (without removing ALL integration)?

You see, if I, on the tray popupmenu disable monitor browser/clipboard, or I set the option to
react only to Ctrl+Alt+Click it doesn`t matter at all.

The only way out at present is to disable ALL integration, as I have found anyway. But then
the whole point of MD is nil, so that`s a bad solution..

This problem can be very annoying at times because some sites, such as www.macromedia.com
protects their downloads, so the only thing you get is a small download.dat file instead of the
trial of homesite 5.5 (as an example).

If I press Cancel when it asks for a filename, the MD disappears as expected, but Opera doesn`t
do the download as it should do then.. The statusbar tells it downloads something (perhaps the file),
but it seems it downloads it to cache, not to a file (not listed in Transfers).

Do you have some suggestions, or preferably a solution?

Rgds,
Jan
Jan Martin Pettersen 12/31/2005 01:16 pm
Just an addition: Yes it loads it into the cache instead, I let it run to completion
in the statusbar (where it definitiely shouldn`t be), and found the downloaded
file in the cache, named as a cache item (opr017OS.exe).. Hmm, a bug somewhere?
Alexander 12/31/2005 01:27 pm
Jan Martin Pettersen,

Thank you for writing us.
This problem is caused by the old Netscape plug-in system used in Opera.
We work to add the new more reliable and handy integration with Opera.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| MetaProducts Corporation
Jan Martin Pettersen 12/31/2005 03:09 pm
Thank you for the quick answer.

> Thank you for writing us.
> This problem is caused by the old Netscape plug-in system used in Opera.
> We work to add the new more reliable and handy integration with Opera.

I hope you manage to overcome this, as it`s quite annoying.. Hmm, is there an alternative
way to still have the options on the context menu for links etc, but disabling integration?

If so, then it would help immensly in comparison because it would allow some control without
fighting the MD when MD isn`t desirable.. Until it is fixed, and it works as expected that is.
Alexander 01/01/2006 04:06 pm
> I hope you manage to overcome this, as it`s quite annoying.. Hmm, is there an alternative
> way to still have the options on the context menu for links etc, but disabling integration?

Yes, it is possible:
1. Switch on the integration with Opera in the Mass Downloader Options dialog
2. Open Windows Explorer and go to the Opeda disk folder (usually c:\Program Files\Opera)
3. Open the Plugins subfolder
4. Erase the npmassdn.dll file (only this file! please do not erase any other files)

This will do the trick.
Alexander
Jan Martin Pettersen 01/01/2006 06:39 pm
> > I hope you manage to overcome this, as it`s quite annoying.. Hmm, is there an alternative
> > way to still have the options on the context menu for links etc, but disabling integration?
>
> Yes, it is possible:
> 1. Switch on the integration with Opera in the Mass Downloader Options dialog
> 2. Open Windows Explorer and go to the Opeda disk folder (usually c:\Program Files\Opera)
> 3. Open the Plugins subfolder
> 4. Erase the npmassdn.dll file (only this file! please do not erase any other files)
>
Thank you.. I`ll try it..

A happy new year to y`all by the way..

Rgds,
Jan