MD 3.2.642 SR1 copy link/clipboard bug

steve 12/29/2005 05:14 am
Hello,

Please consider another bug found on MassDownloader 3.2.642 SR1. For the moment, the scenario that leads to this bug is not clear but here is what I have experienced. Suppose I have a link to a file in an Outlook message or in a notepad text and this file does not exist (so leads to a 404 error). I select this link and then do CTRL+C to copy this link in order to add it automatically into MassDownloader through the clipboard "surveillance" facility. MassDownloader catches it and try to load the file information. It cannot since the file does not exist and MD displays a dialog box to say "HTTP404-File not found". Then click OK, but nevertheless the "Save as" dialog box is displayed. Click on CANCEL. Then I close the Outlook message or the notepad file from which I have copied before the text link. Then MD tries again to load the file as if I copy the link again !!!! but I didn`t do it again !!
I don`t know if the scenario of this bug is correctly explained because it is difficult to explain and I am not sure at 100% that the scenario is ok and can be reproduced at each time. I think the problem can occur by switching from a window to another after having copied a link to a file that leads to HTTP-404.

Hope this will help you.

Regards.
Steve
Alexander 12/29/2005 05:36 am
Steve,

Thank you very much for such detailed report.
I forwarded it to developers. This bug should be fixed in the next version of Mass Downloader.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff