WMV files won`t play after download, but will otherwise

DD 12/26/2005 11:38 pm
If I right mouse click on the file I wish to download, and select "Properties", I can see the file has a WMV extension. If I click the link, in IE, IE opens Windows Media Player, and plays the file just fine.

But, if I right click the link in IE, and tell Mass Downloader to download the file, it downloads fine, and it`s given the WMV extension, but when I try and open the file from either MD or Explorer, Media Player tells me that the file type and the extension do not match. I tried opening the downloaded file in Real One player, with the same error also.

I just purchased MD, tonight.
Alexander 12/27/2005 02:50 am
DD,

Thank you for writing us.
Could you please send us the link of one of these problem downloads?
We need it for a test.

Thanks,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
DD 12/28/2005 01:55 am
mms://66.115.160.210/videoLLAURMZ102599/WMV/Plugs/51720/Spring_Break_2002_01_016_300.wmv
Alexander 12/28/2005 04:35 am
This file cannot be found.
Mass Downloader and MS Media Player tell that there is no such file.

Alexander
David 02/06/2006 09:28 am
Hi, I just recent download some files with rtsp://
the file name was rtsp://211.96.9.6:554/viawatch/wailaixifubendilang20020921194000.rm
there was a green arrow before it, indicated that the file was completed, but how can I open
this file successfully?I saved the file to C:// drive but can`t find the file, can you please help
me and email me back? thank you so much! I spend a long time to figure out how to do this
:/ also how do I convert the rm to vcd or other version which I can play in DVD PLAYER?
so I can watch it on TV, do I need to reburn it to a new cd? thanks so much, waiting for your
reply asap.

Sincerely
David
Alexander 02/07/2006 11:12 am
David,

Please right-click this project in Mass Downloader`s Projects List and select the Open File popup menu item.

> also how do I convert the rm to vcd or other version which I can play in DVD PLAYER?
> so I can watch it on TV, do I need to reburn it to a new cd? thanks so much, waiting for your
> reply asap.

It seems that you need some video conversion utility. We do not have such product.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff