MD 3.2.642 SR1 little problems

steve 12/26/2005 01:45 pm
Hello,

I have encountered several little problems with MassDownloader 3.2.642 SR1.

1) When downloading a WMV stream, the download stops at 99%. (here is an example of the stream that I have not been able to download to 100%: mms://stream1.m6.fr.ipercast.net/m6.fr/d/05/10/13/d051013170233SIRAS9220100.wmv)

I also noticed that the result file of such stream downloaded is not automatically indexed by MassDownloader in order to be able to seek easily in the file while reading it into Windows Media Player: maybe for a next version of MD ?! ;-)

2) I use FireFox 1.5 with the MassDownloader extension provided on your website. I always minimize Mass Downloader. Then if I go on a webpage and I want to download a file, I right click on link of the file and I choose "Mass Downloader: download this file" in the popup menu. The Project properties dialog box opens with all the option filled correctly and then I click on OK : the download starts BUT unfortunately, the main application window is restored automatically by Mass Downloader instead of stay minimized ! :-(

Thanks a lot for reading me.
Alexander 12/27/2005 02:44 am
Steve,

Thank you for writing us.

> 1) When downloading a WMV stream, the download stops at 99%. (here is an example of
> the stream that I have not been able to download to 100%:
> mms://stream1.m6.fr.ipercast.net/m6.fr/d/05/10/13/d051013170233SIRAS9220100.wmv)

As I see, the file is downloaded in full. This is the percentage representation problem.
We will fix this in the next version of Mass Downloader.

> I also noticed that the result file of such stream downloaded is not automatically indexed
> by MassDownloader in order to be able to seek easily in the file while reading it into Windows
> Media Player: maybe for a next version of MD ?! ;-)

Could you please try to download this file using our Offline Explorer Pro application?
You can find it at the page: http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpProducts_Detail.asp?id=2
Please write us about the result. Thank you.

> 2) I use FireFox 1.5 with the MassDownloader extension provided on your website. I always
> minimize Mass Downloader. Then if I go on a webpage and I want to download a file, I right
> click on link of the file and I choose "Mass Downloader: download this file" in the popup menu.
> The Project properties dialog box opens with all the option filled correctly and then I click on
> OK : the download starts BUT unfortunately, the main application window is restored
> automatically by Mass Downloader instead of stay minimized ! :-(

Thank you for your report.
We will fix this problem in Mass Downloader 3.3 version.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
steve 12/27/2005 06:19 am
Alexander,

Thank you for reading and answering me.

> As I see, the file is downloaded in full. This is the percentage representation problem.
> We will fix this in the next version of Mass Downloader.

Ok, good news !

> Could you please try to download this file using our Offline Explorer Pro application?
> You can find it at the page: http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpProducts_Detail.asp?id=2
> Please write us about the result. Thank you.
So I have downloaded the trial version of Offline Exporer Pro as you recommended to me.
I then tried to download the same stream file that I gave you for example in my first message.
Well, the result is the same: the file is correctly downloaded but it is not "indexed": so, when I read it in Windows Media Player, it is not possible to go directly to the middle of the video for example, I have to read it from beginning to end without the possibility to go forward or back in the video as I want. So, in fact, the downloaded file is played by Windows Media Player just as a stream.
Another tool (NET Transport 2) can index the stream file when downloaded in order to be "seekable" in Windows Media Player. Maybe Mass Downloader will be able to do it in further version !? ;-)

> > 2) I use FireFox 1.5 with the MassDownloader extension provided on your website. I always
> > minimize Mass Downloader. Then if I go on a webpage and I want to download a file, I right
> > click on link of the file and I choose "Mass Downloader: download this file" in the popup menu.
> > The Project properties dialog box opens with all the option filled correctly and then I click on
> > OK : the download starts BUT unfortunately, the main application window is restored
> > automatically by Mass Downloader instead of stay minimized ! :-(
>
> Thank you for your report.
> We will fix this problem in Mass Downloader 3.3 version.
Another good news !

Thanks for your answers.

Regards

Steve