Status panel

David 11/08/2005 04:18 pm
I have version 3.2.631 installed and whenever I select to download a file, another pop up panel appears over the top which has a phone connected by 2 computers and the words Status: and Last error: showing.
I can close this panel easily, but it never used to happen and it starts to become annoying, when it happens on every click.

Thanks for any help,
Dave
Alexander 11/09/2005 03:44 am
David,

Thank you for writing us.
Please go to the Mass Downloader Options dialog, Internet | Dial Up section.
Please uncheck the "Enable Mass Downloader dialer" box and click the OK button.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
David 11/09/2005 10:52 am
Thanks for the reply, and answer to the pop up panel problem. But won`t this now stop me from being able to schedule downloads at a later time and have the program make my connection at that time?

Regards,
David
Alexander 11/09/2005 01:59 pm
Could you please check if you have the Mass Downloader Options, Download | Startup | "Automatically start new downloads" box checked?

Please uncheck it and you can return your dial-up settings to the previous state.
Please write me about the result. Thank you!

Alexander
David 11/09/2005 10:03 pm
I have tried what you suggest, but the pop up panel just comes back again as before, and I need to manually start the download.

Regards,
Dave
Alexander 11/10/2005 03:06 am
David,

Could you please describe the sequence of actions to reproduce this problem?
For example:
1. Your computer is already connected to Internet
2. You navigate to the Download page and click the download link
3. Mass Downloader intercepts this click and...
4. ...

Thanks,
Alexander
David 11/20/2005 10:03 pm

Sorry Alexander for taking so long to get back to you, work has been a nightmare :)
Anyway I did the checking and unchecking as per the original suggestions (now back to how I originally had it) and I get no more pop up box. I don`t know why, but it seems to have been cured.

Thanks again,
David
Alexander 11/21/2005 04:13 am
David,

Thank you for your feedback.
I am glad that your problem is solved.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Alexander