Not downloading full file & bad Gatway Error (RTSP)

Ishq Ali 11/08/2005 02:33 am
Hi,

I have tried downloading several files from BBC`s website. And i keep getting two problems:

1. When downloading, if there is a problem with data transfer (i.e. disconnection etc), Mass Downloader changes the length to how ever much is downloaded and make the status 100%. This mean that some files are only partially downloaded and the status comes across 100%. And since it does not change the extension of the file while downloading, you never know if it is complete or not until and unless you listen to it.

2. I keep getting 502 Bad Gateway error with many files, but after many tries and waiting for 10 mins, it connects to the server and starts the download.

I have been downloading the same files from BBC for over 1 year and have never had these two problems with NetXpress. So it seems that are not BBC server problems.

Please help!
Alexander 11/08/2005 04:41 am
Dear Ishq Ali,

Thank you for writing us.

> 1. When downloading, if there is a problem with data transfer (i.e. disconnection etc), Mass
>Downloader changes the length to how ever much is downloaded and make the status 100%.
> This mean that some files are only partially downloaded and the status comes across 100%.
> And since it does not change the extension of the file while downloading, you never know if
> it is complete or not until and unless you listen to it.

Could you please provide us with one-two exact URLs for a test? Thank you!

> 2. I keep getting 502 Bad Gateway error with many files, but after many tries and waiting
> for 10 mins, it connects to the server and starts the download.

Could you please test Offline Explorer Pro for this problem 502 error downloads?
You can download it from: http://www.metaproducts.com/download/opsetup.exe
Please write us about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff