BUGS in MD 3.1.607SR1 2 / Request for new options!

n/a 07/18/2005 12:16 pm
After a while MD stops downloading files, but there are still files in the queue!
Also, some of the files are not renamed to their original extension, and still have the .Mass extension. I can`t quit the program normally, and need to use the taskmanager to end the program!

Furthermore, I only donwload 1 or 2 files at a time! Sometimes I need to redownload some files (because MD messed up the download and made the file corrupt). When I select like 10 files it will start downloading all 10 files simultaniously. The"re should be an option like "Download all at once" and "Download only maximum active downloads".

I`m sure this can be a wonderfull program at it`s own, and superb add-on for OE. But it needs a lot of polishing!

Good Luck!
n/a 07/18/2005 06:08 pm
> Furthermore, I only donwload 1 or 2 files at a time! Sometimes I need to redownload some files (because MD messed up the download and made the file corrupt). When I select like 10 files it will start downloading all 10 files simultaniously. The"re should be an option like "Download all at once" and "Download only maximum active downloads".

CTRL+F5 works perfect for this (shameshame)
Alexander 07/19/2005 04:23 am
Dear Sir / Madam,

> After a while MD stops downloading files, but there are still files in the queue!

Which status do these files have?
Could you please make a screenshot of the Mass Downloader Projects list for a sutuation when download is stopped, but some files are available to start?
Please send it to support@metaproducts.com with a short problem description.
Thanks!

> Also, some of the files are not renamed to their original extension, and still have the .Mass extension. I can`t quit the program normally, and need to use the taskmanager to end the program!

Could you send give us some URLs of these problem files?
Thank you!

> Furthermore, I only donwload 1 or 2 files at a time! Sometimes I need to redownload some files (because MD messed up the download and made the file corrupt). When I select like 10 files it will start downloading all 10 files simultaniously. The"re should be an option like "Download all at once" and "Download only maximum active downloads".

Yes, you can use Ctrl+F5 or program menu Download | "Start X priority downloads" item.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
n/a 07/23/2005 10:03 am
Sorry, I don`t have any information. I allready deleted all and don`t know what the site was!
Next time I`ll make sure you get the info!