Access violation at address 004030E2 in module `massdown.exe`. Read of address 01B83000.

TrunksVegita 06/05/2005 03:16 pm
Access violation at address 004030E2 in module `massdown.exe`. Read of address 01B83000.

...is the message I get when I try to download through Mass Downloader v3.1.

If I try to go throug Internet Explorer 6....it gives me...

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 4
Char: 1
Error: The specified module could not be found.
Code: 0
URL: file://C:\Program Files\Mass Downlader\Add_Url.htm

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes No

I`m scouring the net for a solution, `cause an uninstall and reinstall isn`t the answer.

I`ll be near should anyone have a solution besides reformatting the drive.
TrunksVegita 06/05/2005 04:11 pm
Hiya there guys,

I didn`t find anything else on the net about`r, but I was doin` a little reading about Library Script errors.

Here`s what I did to alleviate the situation...

Uninstall Mass Downloader v3.1....and I mean everything....including the Registration Information...

Gave the machine a reboot...let Windows boot back up....

Went to "C:\Program Files\", to see if there was a folder called "Mass Downloader" in there...this time around...I didn`t see it...so...

I reinstalled it, registered it...and tried to copy a link location from something I wanted to download on the net...and paste it directly to "Mass Downloader v3.1"...

That portion worked fine....

Next...went to "Internet Explorer v6.0", and instead of doin` the download that way...I tried the old "Right-Click on the thing I wanted to download" method, and chose...
"+ Mass Downloader: download this file" to see if it would go directly from the "Right-Click" command over to the "Mass Downloader v3.1" program only to receive another script error...

In Windows XP...I went down to "Start"...then to "Run...", and typed in without quotes "regsvr32 wbemdisp.dll", and pressed "Enter"...and clicked "Ok".

Next went down to "Start"...then to "Run...", and typed in without quotes "cmd", and pressed "Enter".

Typed in...without quotes for the remainder of this "cd\"...

Typed in "cd Program Files", and pressed "Enter"...

Typed in "cd Mass Downloader", and pressed "Enter"...

Typed in for the winning hit... "regsvr32 massdown.dll", and pressed "Enter"...and clicked "Ok".

Tried doin` the "+ Mass Downloader: download this file" to see if it would go directly from the "Right-Click" command over to the "Mass Downloader v3.1" program...

AND IT DID!!!

Just postin` a solution for others that may be suffering from this same thing.

Take`r easy for now there guys!

TrunksVegita

^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Access violation at address 004030E2 in module `massdown.exe`. Read of address 01B83000.
>
> ...is the message I get when I try to download through Mass Downloader v3.1.
>
> If I try to go throug Internet Explorer 6....it gives me...
>
> An error has occurred in the script on this page.
>
> Line: 4
> Char: 1
> Error: The specified module could not be found.
> Code: 0
> URL: file://C:\Program Files\Mass Downlader\Add_Url.htm
>
>
> Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
>
> Yes No
>
> I`m scouring the net for a solution, `cause an uninstall and reinstall isn`t the answer.
>
> I`ll be near should anyone have a solution besides reformatting the drive.
>
Alexander 06/06/2005 02:38 am
Dear TrunksVegita,

Thank you for your information.
We will check if there is a problem in installation code (massdown.dll should be registered during installation) and fix it. Did you install Mass Downloader under administrative or power user Windows account?

Thanks,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
hernan 07/15/2006 11:09 am
> Dear TrunksVegita,
>
> Thank you for your information.
> We will check if there is a problem in installation code (massdown.dll should be registered during installation) and fix it. Did you install Mass Downloader under administrative or power user Windows account?
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff
>

I find this product very good. I can download streams very fast. The problem is that I receive exactly the same error. I would have to uninstall it because I cannot download permanently without getting this error message all the time. The only possiblity is just to kill the process. There is no solution to this problem? If this problem is solved I would register the product.

Hernan
Alexander 07/17/2006 04:49 am
Hernan,

Thank you for your report.
What ois your Mass Downloader and Windpws version numbers?

Thank you!
Alexander