"Download all" IE integration

Someone 02/06/2005 12:49 pm
This is not a question or a request of information, but the solution of a problem (at least for me). I hope that this serves to others.

Since 2.7 Build 517 version, I have a problem of integration in IE: when I start the "Download all" (right-clicking in IE), the familiar "Mass Downloader add projects preview" does not appear and all sort of files are added to the download queue, and I receive the message "There is no valid URLs. Please check the Integration | File Types section of the Options dialog."

I found the first and second step for the solution in this forum:
In the "Options", sub-section "Integration-Browsers"
- the check-box "MS Internet Explorer" must be UNCHECKED
- the check-box "Retrieve file information from server" must be CHECKED
After this modifications, things went very better but there was still a (little) problem: the file "download.dat" was always queued, with the "Begin." comment. I found that in the file "add_all.htm" in the installation directory ("C:\Program Files\Mass Downloader\") there was a line:
MassDown.AddUrl("Begin.", "Begin.");
I commented this line:
// MassDown.AddUrl("Begin.", "Begin.");
et voila, things go perfectly.

The strange thing is that this line was always present, but only starting from 2.7 Build 517 version it causes a problem. I use the last version (3.0 Build 577 Service Release 1) but I think that the two check-box settings and the modification of the file go well for all the previous versions.
Someone 02/13/2005 11:46 am
After some tests, the problem has happened again, even with the three settings described in my precedent mail.
I have uninstalled the current version and reinstalled the 2.6 Build 447 SR1 release dated 12-Dec-03. So this bug remains unsolved for more than a year.
Alexander 02/14/2005 01:42 am
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for writing us.
Could you please tell us the version number of your Internet Explorer also?

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Someone 03/11/2005 10:34 am
> Dear Sir / Madam,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> Could you please tell us the version number of your Internet Explorer also?
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff

My Internet Explorer is 6.0 with SP1 (6.0.2800.1106).
My O.S. is Windows 2000 with SP4 installed.

Sorry for the delay in the response, I have checked the "Notify me about new messages in the topic via e-mail", but I have received no notification.

Regards