downloading .asp files

Julio Martinez 11/28/2004 03:33 pm
Hello. there is this site that allowed me to download all the files through Md with no problems. The files were just direct url`s to the file itself. The person the runs the wesite has changed how you download the file. when I right click and get the file it opens up the Save file as window but instead of showing the name of the file it now show " file name" DOWNLOAD "save as type" ACTIVE SERVER DOC" the file is in my Md window as a download.asp. I can click on the file normally and it does Dl the file but I can only do one at a time

is there any way for MD to grab these multiple files?
Alexander 11/29/2004 04:42 am
Dear Julio Martinez,

Thank you for writing us.

> Hello. there is this site that allowed me to download all the files through Md with
> no problems. The files were just direct url`s to the file itself. The person the runs
> the wesite has changed how you download the file. when I right click and get the
> file it opens up the Save file as window but instead of showing the name of the file
> it now show " file name" DOWNLOAD "save as type" ACTIVE SERVER DOC" the
> file is in my Md window as a download.asp.

Mass Downloader will rename file to its real name after the download start. If you want to see the real file name before adding it to Mass Downloader, please go to the Mass Downloader Options dialog, Integration | Browsers section and check the "Retrieve file information from server" box, then click the OK button.

> I can click on the file normally and it
> does Dl the file but I can only do one at a time
>
> is there any way for MD to grab these multiple files?

Please right-click the page and select the "Mass Downloader: Download all files" item. Mass Downloader will open the list of links from this page. Select the links you need and click the Download button.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff