Priority order

Donn 11/04/2004 04:00 pm
After I add numerous thumbnail images to the queue I notice that overtime some of the files will partially download and then the downloader will skip to the next file in priority.

So after quite a while I`ll have many partially finished files (anywhere from 1 to 99%) at the bottom of the queue and the priority listing will start maybe halfway up the queue and the downloader will be working on the url`s that haven`t started downloading yet.

I can stop all files, then start downloading from the bottom of the queue but after the bottom file is complete it will start working on the Priority 1 file and skip all the other partial files. Is there any way to make the partial finished files a higher priority?
Alexander 11/05/2004 09:24 am
Donn,

Thank you for writing us.
What setting do you have under the Mass Downloader Options dialog, Internet | Connection category, "Limit number of retries to" ?

> After I add numerous thumbnail images to the queue I notice that overtime some of the
> files will partially download and then the downloader will skip to the next file in priority.
>
> So after quite a while I`ll have many partially finished files (anywhere from 1 to 99%) at
> the bottom of the queue and the priority listing will start maybe halfway up the queue and
> the downloader will be working on the url`s that haven`t started downloading yet.
>
> I can stop all files, then start downloading from the bottom of the queue but after the
> bottom file is complete it will start working on the Priority 1 file and skip all the other
> partial files. Is there any way to make the partial finished files a higher priority?

For Mass Downloader 2.7 version you need to restart the program and then add these projects to the Download Queue. Mass Downloader 3.0 will not need the restart to do this.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff